Katana shaft

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
Any of you guys ever hit one of these. Thinking about buying a used cue and it comes with one of these "ld" shafts. I don't think the original owner cared for it much since there is little chalk stain in the shaft but the original shaft could probably shed an entire cube after cleaning. :)

They retail just over $200

https://www.pooldawg.com/katana-low-deflection-pool-cue-shaft

I've never heard of them but they have good ratings.

localredhead

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any of you guys ever hit one of these. Thinking about buying a used cue and it comes with one of these "ld" shafts. I don't think the original owner cared for it much since there is little chalk stain in the shaft but the original shaft could probably shed an entire cube after cleaning. :)

I keep hearing rumors that Tiger makes the katana shafts. Either way they seem good.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Google it. There are a LOT of reviews of the Katana shaft. Based on what i've read it looks like a lot of shaft for the $$.

Franky4Eyes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The for sale section is full of LD shafts.
You can get a great deal on a predator.
$200 is still allot for a shaft like that.
At least the more established brands have a longer track record.

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
The for sale section is full of LD shafts.
You can get a great deal on a predator.
$200 is still allot for a shaft like that.
At least the more established brands have a longer track record.

Guess you didn't read much of my post. I'm buying a used cue that has one of these shafts. It comes with two other shafts as well.

Garczar, I had already googled it, very good reviews. Which made me think maybe someone here had hit one.

Cue is $300, Muecci SE 11, red dot(what matches), black dot and the katana. I was looking to buy it for a friend but now I'm thinking I might want it.

Guy said he's pushing 80 and has hung up the game.

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
ive tried every shaft possible, from every maker and brand to sizes and options. the two absolute shit shafts were lucasi LD and the Katana LD. subjective subject, for example, I like the HXT shafts better than "better" brands and theyre the "cheapest" of the options. gonna have to try it yourself, so unless you have people at the poolhall you can try from or go to your annual billiards expo to try them out, its trial and error.

GaryB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Guess you didn't read much of my post. I'm buying a used cue that has one of these shafts. It comes with two other shafts as well.

Garczar, I had already googled it, very good reviews. Which made me think maybe someone here had hit one.

Cue is $300, Muecci SE 11, red dot(what matches), black dot and the katana. I was looking to buy it for a friend but now I'm thinking I might want it.

Guy said he's pushing 80 and has hung up the game.

Never have hit with a Katana but have hit with many other LD's but have always gone back to Maple. I am currently hitting with a maple LD made by my cue maker--JoeyInCali. Like all of his cues I have hit with I am liking this shaft.

Pushing 80 is way too young to quit. I am 84+ and try to get in 10 hours a week and am always learning. In fact I'm working on my stance after seeing Mark Wilson's video here on AZ. Beauty of pool. Always something to learn or rework on in pool!

Call_me_Tom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like the LD shaft that came with my Katana cue. Same as you I bought used.

I changed the tip to a Kamui SS and forced myself to switch to the Jacoby Black I liked the Katana that much.

Keep in mind that it’s not a true LD shaft, more like a semi LD shaft but the same can be said for all of the “LD” shafts I own which can be found in my signature.