Proper Mini Q Lathe Parts

GSB9

Hey All,

I currently run repairs at a local pool hall and we have a rather old proper mini q lathe. The lathe is a workhorse and gets the job done, however due to this being a college pool hall it has received some use from people who didn't exactly know what they're doing. I'm looking for a New tool post and a new arbor base. If anyone knows where these parts would be available I'd appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance,

Graham Solon
WCL Billiards

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey All,

I currently run repairs at a local pool hall and we have a rather old proper mini q lathe. The lathe is a workhorse and gets the job done, however due to this being a college pool hall it has received some use from people who didn't exactly know what they're doing. I'm looking for a New tool post and a new arbor base. If anyone knows where these parts would be available I'd appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance,

Graham Solon
WCL Billiards

Start here:

www.muellers.com/Porper-Mini-Q-Lathe,3776.html
They're the only company selling them to my knowledge so no one here should get thier panties in a bunch if I give the link.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
they the only place has ANYTHING and that's not much....

Definately tuff action. I was told a couple of years ago, meullers bought Porper when Joe retired and a list of parts for Porper lathes would be posted on thier site. I don't think it happened. I don't know what they recieved. But, if you know what your looking for, certain parts can be found on line. Joe was very secretive about his machines and parts. The good part about him being located in Chatsworth, CA was there are a lot of small machine shops and Joe knew them all. Great move and pretty smart except the what happens when he closes. I know more than I probably should know, I was fortunate to have spent a lot of time with Joe and his family. I have very good memories. Good people.