Chester Krick CK Cues

Murray Tucker

Just a Padawan
Silver Member
First custom cue I ever ordered. It was fun working out the design over the phone. This was before I started building and we remained friends until his death.

Attachments

• CK1.jpg
    CK1.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 145
  • CK2.jpg
    CK2.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 155
  • CK3.jpg
    CK3.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 159
  • CK4.jpg
    CK4.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 153
  • CK5.jpg
    CK5.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 157
Always loved Chester's cues, and as it seems like I see them more and more rarely, just posting a thread to show off Chester's work. I think this one was from the 1998 timeframe......I don't know who ran it, but I got it from a dealer running onthehill.net who was great to work with (me being a poor college kid at the time), and ran a program with tradeins where I think he guaranteed trade in value of a cue you bought from him towards an upgrade.

My sense of Chester's cues......great finish, nice style, great playability. Mine I am showing off has inlays and ringworm that are characteristic of many other cues he made, but I have never seen another close to this one tuxedo design.

If you have a CK, let's see it.
47eb74b5140440648fbc5a9c8ee93571.jpg
2b0158636cd8d982fbc55263cb0e291c.jpg
16a27f4c18ce4cdea87f5862808e2443.jpg
5571675aecfe3c2c725efa97ae04f0d2.jpg
17e2390ffe16e81a52c8e197cc0cf49f.jpg
ffdf6f2381c3cf8edf5bef17749ba681.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

That cue is so beautiful. I remember visiting onthehillcues website a lot, when I was a kid, back in the 90's, and always loved looking at the Chester Krick cues, because I thought they were so beautiful.

I purchased several cues from that site during the mid to late 90's, but they were lower end customs / sneaky pete cues.

Anyways, always dreamed of having a Chester Krick cue back in those days, but they were expensive, and never had the money for one.

It is sad that the website went out of business, because I always enjoyed browsing cues on there.

Anyways, very beautiful cue. I imagine it hits super nice.

Hi there! I also have a ck cue and i will post a photo tomorrow.
It plays great an i want to ask you if there is a price for them in the market cause i am thinking to sell it. Some players i know asked to buy it but i don t want to sell it for nothing... Cause i don t know the prices...

Chester Krick sadly passed away, but I am not sure when.

I remember his cues from a site called onthehillcues, back in the 90's, and they were pretty pricey for that era.

If I remember correctly, a merry widow type of Chester Krick cue was in the $500 price range, and the prices went up from there.

His cues were so beautiful. Always enjoyed looking at them, but could never afford one.

I watched Chester build cues for many years. Would hang out at his shop and talk about pool and cues or the latest piece of machinery he was building. Could never afford one of his cues back then. I watched him make one cue for almost a year. When it was done it wasn’t just a cue but a true work of art. Then he handed it to me and said it’s yours. That was back 1999 I still have it today and it’s still one of the best looking cues I have ever seen.Here are a couple pics

Attachments

• IMG_7876.jpg
    IMG_7876.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 63