Looking for logo help, Tina Pawloski

toomanybugs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Tina,

You want to put your best foot forward first "best effort". Not an upgrade or rework later after the first try falls short of the target. You should have a theme; that you can build onto not a reworked after a draft image/logo fails. Your overall promotional items should work well together. I hope this makes sense. I see this kind of stuff all the time from college students.

Think of Who are you going after? Nordstrom or Oldnavy? Now that I think of it Target, would be a good one to go after? They have great logo theme and being on target would be a catchy play on words?

As to the photo's. Don't get me wrong, but they look like some friend took pictures of you in a pool hall? The lighting drops off and makes you look like your playing pool in a cave. Lighting is a big negative in pool hall shots. They always look dark and gloomy. See if your local pool hall will let you bring in lights in on the off hours to take table photos? If you get a good one it is worth its weight in gold. Do you have your own table? I like the even lighting of a tournament photo in big room something like Pool and Billiards Magazine over the poor lighting in a tavern photo. You want the photo to sell you and billiards not to ask the question. Where is this photo taken? They also make you look frumpy. Your picture in your avatar looks better than some of these photos? You need to look comfortable with the clothing and in the poses. Please remember to be 1/4 angle to the camera to make you look thinner than you are. Stay away from baggy cloths since they will say you have something to hide? If you are fit, sell that with well fitting cloths.

You’re a pretty pool player, you should play on that! Look at some of the other pro-players website photo galleries. Look at Allison Fisher, Jennifer Barretta and Jeanette Lee website and promotional photos for keys on style. I would go with classy over sexy. You should let the promoter to pay for sexy photos after they have signed you.

Look into a local pro photographer to do a trade with you? TFP's for action shots. I know for one, I am always looking for time laps shots of billiards balls at play in some of my photo projects.

Here is a good place to find a local photographer. Look at their work. Maybe you can find someone close-by, you can work with and/or do a deal/trade with? (Search for photographer in your area.). Maybe you can trade creating action shots for photos of you at the pool table and other shots of you around doing different stuff around town?

http://modelmayhem.com/browse.php

Remember you are selling you and pool. Hopefully you have other things of interest that may click with whom you are going after?

Good luck, I hope to see something more "you" in your future. By the way the drafts from "breakup and Deanna Michelle" are much better that the first item you posted here. Sorry but your first item looks like a first try from a college student in their first quarter graphics class.

I maybe wrong, but if I was going after big bucks, I want to look like I already had big bucks and not someone in look for backing. Look like you already have a Sugar Daddy and not looking for a prompter. Sorry its a bad play on the words, but it was the only way I could say it.

Tina, please don't take any of this personally. I know you have a lot of positive thing working for you here. I hope you do well. I look forward to see you on the road with the other professionals on tour.

Bugs.

Last edited:

Deanna Michelle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Timberly :)

I think most of Tina's pics are actually very good, and with a little editting, can look even better.

Small additions of light, and color enhancing:

toomanybugs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice re-work on the photos Deanna Michelle. Yes, I have played with some of them also, but just can't get it to the quality that works for me. Maybe my standards are to high?

I do like this photo of Tina. I wonder why it is not part of the set?

Attachments

• Tina-girlwon1.jpg
    Tina-girlwon1.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 489