Jacoby Cue with 2x2 Guiseppe Case - LIKE NEW

The16thBall

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jacoby Cue with 2x2 Giuseppe Case

I know almost nothing about pool cues and have always been a very casual player. I got a custom cue when I got my old pool table, but it was so nice that I never used it and always just used the all black cues that I got with the table because they were the ones on my rack and they matched the pool table.

I have never used it in a game or played with it the entire time that I have had it. The "LIKE NEW" text in the thread title is just there because it won't allow me to edit the thread title that shows up on the thread listing, but it is "Like New" as far as the fact that it has never been used, the case looks brand new, and the appearance of the wood/grip/tip looks new. It is not, however, a recently bought cue, and as I explain further down, the shaft has a slight issue (one that I believe may be able to be fixed with a Jacoby shaft adjustment tool), so the entire thing doesn't meet the technical definition of "Like New". I am not knowledgeable enough to rule out the possibility that someone played around with it at the billiards store before it was purchased, but it looks fantastic to me and I can't see any obvious signs of usage. It has been stored in its case in a closet the entire time that I have owned it. I am including the full cue and a 2x2 black carrying case by Giuseppe. These cases retail for about $85.

I asked Dave at Jacoby about the cue and he gave me the following stats on the cue:

-Most of the cues of this type were made in ebony and maple, but only "about 12" were made in cocobolo and maple, which is obviously what this is
-The white rings are phenolic and the metal rings are brass
-"to make the same cue today it would be about 875.00"

Please PM me with offers!. I will consider any and all offers. Looking for cash only, no trades, USPS Money Order preferred. You can use an escrow service if you'd like, but you are responsible for shipping costs. I'll be happy to take any additional pictures or videos for you upon request. I have 100% positive seller feedback rating on eBay and other sites, which includes the recent sale of high dollar items, and I can send you my profile link(s) via PM upon request. I have sold high dollar items on multiple sites with 100% honesty and satisfaction and can prove it; not trying to screw anyone over or do anything illegal. USPS Postal Money Order protects the BUYER; it would be FELONY FRAUD to screw someone over using a postal money order because USPS is obviously part of the federal government. This is why USPS Money Order is the preferred method of sale on online gun sale sites like Gunbroker where very high dollar items are routinely bought and sold.

ROLL TEST UPDATE WITH POOL HALL TEST RESULTS AND VIDEO:

************************************************************************************
************************************************************************************
VIDEO HERE: http://vid.me/nc3a

OBSERVATIONS:
-The butt rolls totally straight as far as I can tell.
-The shaft appears to roll pretty straight when you look at it from above, but if you get down to where the shaft is nearly eye level, you can see that slight wobble and the light underneath it changes a bit as you slowly roll it.
-When I do the "rifle sight" test on the shaft, it looks pretty straight to me, so as far as I can tell, it looks totally straight to the naked eye (or at least mine anyways).
-When you join the two pieces together, you get the same result where it looks like it's rolling pretty straight when you're standing up, but when you get down to eye level, you can see that light change underneath the shaft in the middle.

RAIL TEST RESULTS:
-Putting the two pieces together and rolling it along the rail with the joint on and near the rail, the butt half appear to roll straight and if you're looking at anywhere but the tip, the cue appears to be rolling straight, but if you look at the tip, you can see it wiggle a little bit as you roll the cue back and forth.

ANOTHER NOTE:
-If you put your hand on the middle of the shaft (where you see the light change during rolling) and lightly press down while rolling it with the palm of your hand, it appears to roll totally straight (both the shaft and the whole cue together).

CONCLUSIONS:
-Based on all my observations, I believe that the butt is straight and the joint is straight, but that the shaft is slightly bowed (I don't know if that is technically the right word) in the middle to a degree that is pretty much invisible to the naked eye (or at least mine) but enough to where it causes a slight wobble when rolled. I'm assuming that it got that ever-so-slight bend from being in the case for so long. If that is the case, then a tool like the one in the following video would probably totally fix the issue, but I'm scared to attempt it myself because I'm a total noobie and don't want to risk breaking or scratching it. I also don't know if that is for sure the issue, so I'm not going to attempt a fix on something I'm not sure of. Feel free to watch the video I linked to above and make your own determinations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q7Mqm7uXrI

I am in PHOENIX, ARIZONA, by the way, so if any of you out there are from here and reading this, perhaps you could help me with it, and/or if you're interesting in buying it, then obviously you wouldn't have to pay shipping and you can see it in person.

Here is the album for the cue pictures:

http://imgur.com/a/tZjrX

Clicking on any image there will enlarge it.

5hqoJHJ.png

fsRYMV1.png

Last edited:

Rtoron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
63   0   1
The cloth on the pool table is in itself not perfectly flat. 99% of all cues will show a slight light variance when rolled on a table. The wood itself can change slightly due to humidity. Sounds like you have a damn straight cue to me. I wouldn't worry about it. As a reference, I have built cues for over 20 years.

Last edited:

The16thBall

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The cloth on the pool table is in itself not perfectly flat. 99% of all cues will show a slight light variance when rolled on a table. The wood itself can change slightly due to humidity. Sounds like you have a damn straight cue to me. I wouldn't worry about it. As a reference, I have built cues for over 20 years.
Thanks for the feedback. Like I said, it looks totally straight to the naked eye (at least to me) when you're just looking at it sitting there or when you do the "rifle sight" test looking down the cue. Did you check out the video? http://vid.me/nc3a