Angeles City, Philippines - Billiard/pool Room?

9-ball-fever

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi!

I've got a upcoming trip to Philippines, and I will be spending my time in Angeles City - Roughly two hours from Manila. Angeles has a huge expat community, and many tourists visiting every day. Angeles is also the home town of Efren Reyes.

I can't seem to find ANY details of there being a billiard hall there.
Does anyone know of any in Angeles City? I've been told many of the bars have a single table and some with two tables, but I'm after a more, pool hall venue to practice of a day time.

Anyone know?

Cheers!

gordml

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi!

I've got a upcoming trip to Philippines, and I will be spending my time in Angeles City - Roughly two hours from Manila. Angeles has a huge expat community, and many tourists visiting every day. Angeles is also the home town of Efren Reyes.

I can't seem to find ANY details of there being a billiard hall there.
Does anyone know of any in Angeles City? I've been told many of the bars have a single table and some with two tables, but I'm after a more, pool hall venue to practice of a day time.

Anyone know?

Cheers!
I was there about a year and a half ago. I played at a place called the blind beggar.
located on the main drag. the other end of the city from walking street close to the clark hotel.
Efren has played there many times.
you'll see his signature and Mika's on the light shade over the main table.
the tables are not great but playable.

9-ball-fever

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks mate, but I heard this place has closed down....
I have to re-confirm though! How many tables did this place have?

I just find it amazing, in a City like Angeles, and not a decent pool hall, especially when Billiards in basically the Filipino national sport & Efren's hometown!

gordml

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i remember about 6 tables.
i was in the downtown area maybe out in the burbs theres a proper pool hall.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks mate, but I heard this place has closed down....
I have to re-confirm though! How many tables did this place have?

I just find it amazing, in a City like Angeles, and not a decent pool hall, especially when Billiards in basically the Filipino national sport & Efren's hometown!

I suppose It doesnt make sense to open bar halls there since they play recreational bar pool not serious pool . They make more money from pool bars than pool halls :grin:

I Got Lucky

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The blind beggar has been closed for a while now. There are so many bars and hotels that have pool tables that a pool hall just would not be profitable. NO ONE comes to Angeles to shoot pool. Stop by Margaritaville during the day for lunch. There are 2 tables there and always some action. You can play games but probably won't be able to practice by yourself. The Wild Orchid Hotel has a decent table by the pool/bar. Its outdoors and the distractions are MANY:)

Last edited: