q-wiz and nick's edge pool cue burnishing papers

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
when I use these things, white stuff comes off the (house) cue- that's the finish/cue itself, no?

using these products, the cue is slowly, but surely being whittled away?

I know there's a bunch of threads out there about shaft care, I just find it amazing that these products would exist, to destroy the very thing they're made to protect..

??

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
when I use these things, white stuff comes off the (house) cue- that's the finish/cue itself, no?

using these products, the cue is slowly, but surely being whittled away?

I know there's a bunch of threads out there about shaft care, I just find it amazing that these products would exist, to destroy the very thing they're made to protect..

??

Some of those are just high grit sandpaper, not made to be used all the time on cues.
q wiz I think is just a leather piece, should not really be taking any wood off the cue.

I use a burnisher only after some other cleaning method, after applying wax/sealant. And really you should only need to do that every several months even with decently heavy play. I play about 3 times a week for a few hours each time, and rarely do any type of cleaning past wiping down shaft with a paper or cloth.

Joe Pickens

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some of those are just high grit sandpaper, not made to be used all the time on cues.
q wiz I think is just a leather piece, should not really be taking any wood off the cue.

I use a burnisher only after some other cleaning method, after applying wax/sealant. And really you should only need to do that every several months even with decently heavy play. I play about 3 times a week for a few hours each time, and rarely do any type of cleaning past wiping down shaft with a paper or cloth.

q wiz has two sides. One is a piece of leather, but the other side is like high grit sandpaper that will whittle the cue down.