Diveney vs josey vs predator
Old
  (#1)
Jersey14
AzB Bronze Member
Jersey14 is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500

Diveney vs josey vs predator - 08-15-2019, 04:32 PM

I have been reading the forum for a while, but this is my first post. I have been shooting with a Bludworth for the last 15 years and am looking to try something new. I wanted to see if anyone can compare Diveney, Josey, and Predator. Im not looking to break the bank, so looking at sneaky pete or possibly merry widow. Thanks for any help

Old
  (#2)
StuartTKelley
AzB Silver Member
StuartTKelley has a reputation beyond reputeStuartTKelley has a reputation beyond reputeStuartTKelley has a reputation beyond reputeStuartTKelley has a reputation beyond reputeStuartTKelley has a reputation beyond reputeStuartTKelley has a reputation beyond reputeStuartTKelley has a reputation beyond reputeStuartTKelley has a reputation beyond reputeStuartTKelley has a reputation beyond reputeStuartTKelley has a reputation beyond reputeStuartTKelley has a reputation beyond repute

08-16-2019, 11:12 AM

Having played with all three and based on what you're playing with now I would look at Diveney or Josey for sure. I understand getting bored and wanting to try new things but not sure how happy you'd be going to Predator. It's much different from a standard cue in feel and how it plays and for me, not in a good way.

I can tell you for a fact that Keith and Pat both make excellent feeling and playing cues. I like both very much and currently I am playing with a Josey again. I don't see myself going away from Josey again.

JJ Cues has some Merry Widow Josey's in the 700 range with linen wrap. Plain cue with 2 shafts. Other than that you will have to wait for one to show up on secondary market or call up and have one made, Not sure what the wait is now.

Pat has some cues up on his site now if you're looking for a nice sneaky with a beautiful finish that plays and hits very well. I love a G2 Hard on all of my cues and they play great on Pat's cues. He has them and will install it for you. $500 and up. His cues have a butt section that is usually a little slimmer than average in my experience. These are awesome cues.

Good luck and have fun.

Old
  (#3)
nj82tj
The dude abides.
nj82tj has a reputation beyond reputenj82tj has a reputation beyond reputenj82tj has a reputation beyond reputenj82tj has a reputation beyond reputenj82tj has a reputation beyond reputenj82tj has a reputation beyond reputenj82tj has a reputation beyond reputenj82tj has a reputation beyond reputenj82tj has a reputation beyond reputenj82tj has a reputation beyond reputenj82tj has a reputation beyond repute

08-20-2019, 06:24 AM

I vote for Josey. I've want to try a Diveney, but haven't yet. The Josey I had was awesome. I don't get the excitement everyone seems to have with Predator...

60" Dzuricky Custom
8 Brunswick home table

hi
Old
  (#4)
brilliance
AzB Silver Member
brilliance has a reputation beyond reputebrilliance has a reputation beyond reputebrilliance has a reputation beyond reputebrilliance has a reputation beyond reputebrilliance has a reputation beyond reputebrilliance has a reputation beyond reputebrilliance has a reputation beyond reputebrilliance has a reputation beyond reputebrilliance has a reputation beyond reputebrilliance has a reputation beyond reputebrilliance has a reputation beyond repute

hi - 09-11-2019, 06:08 AM

I had all 3.

Get Josey and make sure you get it with Timeless Timber shaft and pay extra for hand picket piece. Also consider Mezz.

Playing cue: Josey, Wes Hunter
Jump & Break cue: Poison

Old
  (#5)
Ģśţāṿ
AzB Silver Member
Ģśţāṿ has a reputation beyond reputeĢśţāṿ has a reputation beyond reputeĢśţāṿ has a reputation beyond reputeĢśţāṿ has a reputation beyond reputeĢśţāṿ has a reputation beyond reputeĢśţāṿ has a reputation beyond reputeĢśţāṿ has a reputation beyond reputeĢśţāṿ has a reputation beyond reputeĢśţāṿ has a reputation beyond reputeĢśţāṿ has a reputation beyond reputeĢśţāṿ has a reputation beyond repute

09-14-2019, 07:01 PM

My vote is for diveney with the kielwood shaft (if you're into low deflection). Josey with timeless timber would be next in line. The new predator shafts just feel...dead...muted....however you would like to think of it. Very little feedback in my opinion. Good luck with whichever you choose.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: