Enco Mill Question

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone know what model this is or if it is worth $700?
http://omaha.craigslist.org/tls/1587646368.html

I am looking for a mill myself. For most of what I do,that would probably be ok if it is in ok condition.But I am wanting a mill with a 39 inch/1m travel on the x axis.
I am assuming you want it for handles. I would think it is not suitable. By the time you make extensions or risers for rotary table and centre,I think you are better off to buy a larger capacity and more ridgid machine.
I know I will be.

KJ Cues

Pro Cue Builder & Repair
Silver Member
You don't state what you will be using the machine for so it's near impossible to determine if this machine will do the job for you.
Neil wants a machine with 39" of 'X' travel (that's a big mill). You may not need anything close to that if you're splicing forearms or slotting billets.

Match the machine to the task(s) you will be asking it to perform.
FWIW, that's a great machine at a great price. Fortunately for you, I don't know where Weston is. Lol. :wink:

CamposCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You don't state what you will be using the machine for so it's near impossible to determine if this machine will do the job for you.
Neil wants a machine with 39" of 'X' travel (that's a big mill). You may not need anything close to that if you're splicing forearms or slotting billets.

Match the machine to the task(s) you will be asking it to perform.
FWIW, that's a great machine at a great price. Fortunately for you, I don't know where Weston is. Lol. :wink:

Sorry, just using it for cutting points into forearms for the most part.

KJ Cues

Pro Cue Builder & Repair
Silver Member
Then I'd say go for it. That machine should do what you want.
You'd be hard-pressed to beat the price, particularly with the tooling that comes with it. The 18 speeds tells me that you should be able to pull some RPMs out of it. Depending on the mtr., it may be able to be wired for 220V also. I have a very similar mill.

Where is Weston again? Lol.