taking a few lessons from robin dobson, 9 ball world champ

judochoke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
taking some lessons from robin dobson, she teaches out of danny Ks in orange. she really pressed me to play on the 9 foot tables for teaching, but i only play on 7 foot tables, and have a 7 footer at home, so she settled on a 7 foot diamond.

she is a very very pleasant person, very nice and friendly. the first lesson was all about my fundamentals, or in my case, no fundamentals. we worked on my stance, shot line, eye pattern, ect. it was very good stuff. (very similiar to what mark wilson said on his new you tube videos.)

today i asked her about a couple of shots that were bugging me, so we broke each shot down, and practiced it. she explained things very well. its just basic stuff, changing the tangent line with top or bottom, bridge length, pocket lines, ect.

it was a great hour, and i learned alot. i can highly recommend robin if your in the area. :eek:

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Robin is a nice lady. I had a good conversation with her a couple years back at the BCAPL Nationals in Vegas. She had a booth set up for selling some equipment.

goettlicher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
taking some lessons from robin dobson, she teaches out of danny Ks in orange. she really pressed me to play on the 9 foot tables for teaching, but i only play on 7 foot tables, and have a 7 footer at home, so she settled on a 7 foot diamond.

she is a very very pleasant person, very nice and friendly. the first lesson was all about my fundamentals, or in my case, no fundamentals. we worked on my stance, shot line, eye pattern, ect. it was very good stuff. (very similiar to what mark wilson said on his new you tube videos.)

today i asked her about a couple of shots that were bugging me, so we broke each shot down, and practiced it. she explained things very well. its just basic stuff, changing the tangent line with top or bottom, bridge length, pocket lines, ect.

it was a great hour, and i learned alot. i can highly recommend robin if your in the area. :eek:

Robin is great!

randyg