62" cue 33/29 split?

RAMIII

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've got a cue that has a 32" butt/30" shaft split. I've tried even splits but found the shaft flexed too much. I'm curious if any of you have experience with making longer butts and what benefits and drawbacks you may have found. I'm considering trying a 33" butt and a 29" shafts to get an even stiffer hit. Clearly there may be case size issues and balance issues depending upon the choice of wood, but what other drawbacks might I be facing?
-Ryan

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I've got a cue that has a 32" butt/30" shaft split. I've tried even splits but found the shaft flexed too much. I'm curious if any of you have experience with making longer butts and what benefits and drawbacks you may have found. I'm considering trying a 33" butt and a 29" shafts to get an even stiffer hit. Clearly there may be case size issues and balance issues depending upon the choice of wood, but what other drawbacks might I be facing?
-Ryan

Weight, balance. That's it.

RAMIII

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
6'4, for a straight arm bridge I still hold the 62" cue with three fingers off the wrap.... Any longer makes it impractical for most pool halls.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What shaft do you use? Brand, tip diameter and taper?
All my shafts are 30" and they are plenty stiff with a 12mm tip diameter and a nice long pro taper.

RAMIII

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shafts

My shafts have all been maple, no LD with a pro taper and 12.5mm. They are stiff, but not as stiff as the 29" BB shafts that I've been shooting with on my BB. The BB is a regular size cue and my stroke has to be shortened because of its length, which feels awkward.

Mcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For stiffness, size of shaft, 12.5 VS 13.5 also shaft taper, quality of the wood itself. Such as 3.7 shaft vs a 4.5 weight

Mario

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My shafts have all been maple, no LD with a pro taper and 12.5mm. They are stiff, but not as stiff as the 29" BB shafts that I've been shooting with on my BB. The BB is a regular size cue and my stroke has to be shortened because of its length, which feels awkward.

What length is your ferrule and what material is it made of?
Sounds like a minor thing, but I have noticed that it affects feel and sound of the hit quite a bit.
Changed from a nylon ferrule that comes standard on Mezz to Ivorylike and the shaft felt completely different. I noe use a Juma ferrule and that gives a nice hit and a pleasent sound.

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you over 7' tall?

That is short here in Are-We-Gone, you see,

Our BIGFOOTS grow much larger.

I can barely keep up with orders on 60"+ Cues and I don't have any Bigfoots buying yet, THEY HAVE CALLED AND INQUIRED THOUGH. I have many 6' and under Pool Players who love them.

Best part of the story?

I am not taking orders at this time, Thanks.