Latest Cue

BMCC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok guys here is a cue that I just finished it is based off a Joel Hercek design as requested by the client. I even consulted Joel for advice on the ivory handle. I also did a practice run of the bottom inlay on another cue I made for a doctor in Oklahoma City way to much ivory in this one for mistakes. I wish I had better pictures of the cue they just don’t do it justice. But I don’t think I will ever make another ivory handle cue way too much stress for me. For more pictures go to http://www.blackmesacustomcues.com/cue9.html Hope you enjoy.

Thanks
Kyle

Attachments

• matt.jpg
    matt.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 740

Mystick Cue Fan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just noticed you were from Las Cruces....I played in a weekly Clicks tournament in EL Paso one weekend passing through. There were a ton of players from Las Cruces there. Another up and comer, Mike Gatzke was there with a few of his cues. Well there sure are a few dark horses down there. Quite a few of them played really good. There was Mickey and Little Joe, an old guy named Wilson. And a few others that moved real good. Just wondering if I have ever seen one of your cues. Any players that you sponser or sell a cue to? Thanks

Tony

BMCC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well let’s put it this way I bought my CNC set up with the money I only had a pantograph at the time of the request and it was over 2 large as Snakepool put it. Everything that is white on the Cue is ivory the rest of the cue is ebony and Amboyna Burl. I wish I could get pictures that could show off the grain of the ivory it is awesome. Thanks for your kind words.

Tony I doubt you have seen any of my cues unless you played the tournaments in Las Cruces most of my cues are in Las Cruces or Albuquerque and a few in Oklahoma. But I play that tournament from time to time the last time I was their, was the Saturday before the 4 of July we played the tournament for the start of my bachelor party you may have seen me then. Me and Mike Gatzke are like best friends I see or talk to him almost everyday he is a good guy and a fine cue maker almost everything I know I learned from him. I will be on the look out for you next time I go to clicks or just PM you to let you know I coming I will buy you a beer or something.I would like to meet you or any other A-Z members in my area.

Thanks All
Kyle

RogerSLC-LV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice looking cue Kyle. I especially like the look of the wider gap between the handle sections.
Regards, Roger

Mystick Cue Fan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BMCC said:
Well let’s put it this way I bought my CNC set up with the money I only had a pantograph at the time of the request and it was over 2 large as Snakepool put it. Everything that is white on the Cue is ivory the rest of the cue is ebony and Amboyna Burl. I wish I could get pictures that could show off the grain of the ivory it is awesome. Thanks for your kind words.

Tony I doubt you have seen any of my cues unless you played the tournaments in Las Cruces most of my cues are in Las Cruces or Albuquerque and a few in Oklahoma. But I play that tournament from time to time the last time I was their, was the Saturday before the 4 of July we played the tournament for the start of my bachelor party you may have seen me then. Me and Mike Gatzke are like best friends I see or talk to him almost everyday he is a good guy and a fine cue maker almost everything I know I learned from him. I will be on the look out for you next time I go to clicks or just PM you to let you know I coming I will buy you a beer or something.I would like to meet you or any other A-Z members in my area.

Thanks All
Kyle

Hey buddy, I was just passing through on my way to Arizona. Even though I have alot of family in El Paso. Oh and I really did like Mike's work and he was a gentleman to say the least. I have still been trying to get a sneaky from him but I lost his number. Thanks

Tony

BMCC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tony
Mikes number is 505 621 1128 give him a call if you would still like that sneaky from him.

alpine9430

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very nice looking cue.
I imagine you cored out the ivory.
Was heat an issue for you during the coring procedure?

Thanks,
Myron

BMCC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry for the slow reply. Heat was a big concern but I just took my time being real careful not to build up any heat. Bore a little then go surf the web come back bore a little the surf the web some more took awhile but never got the ivory hot. Everything is cored to .75 and on a flat laminate dowel.

Thanks
Kyle

alpine9430

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BMCC said:
Sorry for the slow reply. Heat was a big concern but I just took my time being real careful not to build up any heat. Bore a little then go surf the web come back bore a little the surf the web some more took awhile but never got the ivory hot. Everything is cored to .75 and on a flat laminate dowel.

Thanks
Kyle
Thanks for the reply.
Thought the heat would be an issue that would require a lot of attention to detail.

Awesome results and thanks again,
Myron

Last edited:

Pancerny

Mike Pancerny
Silver Member
Nice Cue

Hi Kyle,
It's been a while....looks like you have the cnc thing mastered now...keep up the good work.
Mike