pearlized acrylic sheets?

BMCC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am looking for pearlized acrylic sheets that would be close to the color that Schmelke calls grey in their pearlized acrylic rods and what Atlas calls black pearlescent rod. I know where to get sheets at .125 thick but looking for something a little thicker around .145.The pictures below are of the color I am talking about. The idea is to make the forearm points look like the claws of Wolverine from the x-men the cue is for a co-workers wife who loves the x-men. I thought about using aluminum but I don’t think I want to go that route. Any ideas or suggestions on where to get pearlescent sheets or what else to use would be appreciated.

grey.jpg

grey2.jpg

Thanks
Kyle

bandido

Player Power!
Silver Member
BMCC said:
I am looking for pearlized acrylic sheets that would be close to the color that Schmelke calls grey in their pearlized acrylic rods and what Atlas calls black pearlescent rod. I know where to get sheets at .125 thick but looking for something a little thicker around .145.The pictures below are of the color I am talking about. The idea is to make the forearm points look like the claws of Wolverine from the x-men the cue is for a co-workers wife who loves the x-men. I thought about using aluminum but I don’t think I want to go that route. Any ideas or suggestions on where to get pearlescent sheets or what else to use would be appreciated.

View attachment 39724

View attachment 39725

Thanks
Kyle
You can try searching for knifemaking supplies or, for the claw dimension that I visualize, check the nearest Salvation Army store for an old pearlescent bowling ball.