Raising Money For A Great Cause With Some Raffle Items!!!

rossaroni

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
219   0   0
I always try and help others out, but i guess this is the first individual fundraising i have done since the Readathon in elementary school. I think I received a personal pan pizza for my prize. Difference here, is that the people who donate have a chance to win a prize....and it is better then a little pizza!

On May 31, I am participating in the Tour De Cure bike race to raise money for diabetes research. I am riding with my girlfriend, and her family and friends. She has had type 1 diabetes since 6 years old. I work with young kids around that age, and it is hard to imagine any of them having to check their blood sugar levels all the time, get shots daily, and having visits to the ER become routine. She doesn't like to talk about it much, but her strength fighting this is amazing. She even suffered a stroke at the age of 30(only a couple years ago), and had to go through phsical therapy to relearn some of the things we all take for granted. I never really realized how diabetes can affect day to day life of someone, although my grandma passed away from diabetes complications.

Ok, so much for the sad stuff.I have never posted anything like this on AZ, but figured we owe it to her, since she thinks I spend more time on AZ then her at times. I am getting a late start with this, because I was out of state for work. May 31 is the bike race. I will try and raffle off the items on the 30th or so.

There is an option to pay with PayPal, which makes it pretty easy. That is what I used to sign up for the race. Anything is greatly appreciated....only $5 minimum. Other payment options are fine also, such as check, Wells Fargo transfer, my personal PayPal, etc. Donations are tax deductible.

http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR/TourdeCure/TourAdmin?px=10150918&pg=personal&fr_id=9420

I do have a few small pool items I am going to raffle off to people who donate. Nothing much, but just a show of thanks. Big thanks to my friend Matt for donating some items. Besides the things listed, Troy from TNT Billiard Products (Koinnkid) is also going to donate some items when he gets back in town next week. I will be digging through some of my stuff also, to try and find some more items to give away. If anyone has anything they would like to donate, that would be awesome. But there will be a little more then the items listed.

Some of the items to be raffled. (winners can choose what they would like)

1. 3 Books...The 99 Critical Shots In Pool, Byrne's Complete Book Of Pool Shots, Steve Mizerak's Pocket Billiards Tips and Trick Shots

2.Kamui Black medium tip.

3. Palmer style cue case.

4. 6 piece of Pre Flag Master chalk, and mix of 10 Le Pro and Triangle tips.

5.Soft black case, with Predator shaft sleeve, ultimate tip tool, and Willards tip scuffer.

6. 'Raising The Hustler Shirt'. Figured I could give away a really cool shirt, and help Angel and her movie at the same time.

Attachments

• 20140521_113532_1.jpg
    20140521_113532_1.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 454
  • 20140521_113919.jpg
    20140521_113919.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 443
  • 20140521_113927.jpg
    20140521_113927.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 450
Last edited:

rossaroni

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
219   0   0
Ok, so I just met up with Troy from TNT Billiard Supply. He was more then generous, and donated some nice items. I am still trying to figure out exactly how and when I am going to raffle off the items. The list of items is not updated.

BUT FOR NOW, HOW ABOUT A GIVEAWAY!!!!

NEXT 2 PEOPLE WHO DONATE $20 OR MORE WILL GET A BRAND NEW ULTIMATE TIP TOOL!!!

Last edited: