GC I counter therapy?

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JV

Are your felt washers still intact, or have they been devoured by the moth larvae?

If they are intact, do they still measure approximately 1/4" I.D. x 3/4" O.D x 1/4" thick?

Mine had one (1) washer that looked new, and is 3/8" x 3/4" x 0.200"

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have you looked under the rail? I would think the ball box assembly would need to be removed at the very least.

You can remove these without removig the ball box. There are holes in the top of the ball box, inside, through which you insert a 1/8" Allen wrench to turn out the retaining cap screws.

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
2020-12-29 13.36.45.jpg

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I apologize that I didn't take any pics of the underside before I installed them. It's a bit of pain to take them out, but if I do, I'll post some pics. The action is a bit stiff, but perfectly consistent across the wheels with the stock springs, straightened out to their factory configuration. It's probably just right, as there's no way they can accidentally, or casually, be advanced or retarded.

We use them to tally 8-ball games, mostly.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is that so? Wow, I had no idea. The previous owner must have replaced mine, then, or had them chrome plated.
Most likely. I'm pretty sure the only part that was chrome plated on a GCI was the ball tray bezel. Here are my original counters after a couple rounds in the ultrasonic cleaner and some metal polish:

50779197313_133886c62a_b.jpg

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BTW, do you know the correct colors for the name plate on the head rail? I have a metal plate, but the paint is mostly worn off.

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The chrome plating - so, maybe that's why I had to re-tap the threaded holes in the back.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BTW, do you know the correct colors for the name plate on the head rail? I have a metal plate, but the paint is mostly worn off.
I do not. I went with a rose gold on mine. Although not the original pink, I like the way it turned out.

48660176681_5a91054895_b.jpg