Differences: Aramith Premier, Premium, Crown, & Super.

sfmc-x1

I Sell Out.
Silver Member
I picked up a table, and unearthed a set of unused Aramith balls that were gifted to me after my favorite bar closed. The balls that came with the table are pretty banged up.

Anyway. My set was missing the #3 and the #10. Numbers are outside the stripes on 9 thru 15. The balls came out of a green box labeled: Aramith Cougar Belgian Ball Set. Yes I know the set (cue ball) was intended to work with a coin-op table.

Shopping for replacements stripes... online stores would suggest this ball set is the Aramith Crown if I want the numbers outside the stripe?

What are the differences between the solids and other sets other than font?

Cheers.

softshot

Simplify
Silver Member
never buy "A" ball.. buy balls in complete sets, the only exception would be trying to complete a set of very old balls..

the reason is for the physics of pool to work properly all the balls need to be the same size and same material.. all ball sets wear over time the cue ball wears the fastest..introducing a new larger ball (as it doesnt have the same mileage as the rest of the set) causes odd unpredictable results..

the higher end balls are more carefully matched and wear at a much slower rate

Last edited:

sfmc-x1

I Sell Out.
Silver Member
Yeah, I get not mixing new balls with old.

My set is new/unused. Two balls were removed.
I need to replace those two.
What are the differences between Crown, Premier, and Premium?

Cheers.

sfmc-x1

I Sell Out.
Silver Member
Yep, saw that page.

Looks like AZ is a better resource than the Aramith home site when it comes to distinguishing these balls.

The stripe is easily identified as a "Crown" but the solid is...?

My problem has been while shopping the larger online stores, everybody uses the same pic for each set. Muellers seems user friendly, but dividing individual replacement ball into groups can be confusing (crown/regulation & solid/regulation vs. solid/premier) and the side of the box says "quality premier set".

Last edited:

cjr3559

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For what it's worth, I've got a set of Aramtih Crowns for home use that are fine. The premiere and pro sets would be great to have, but with light use I've got no complaints whatsoever. I've seen the Crowns used heavily with minimal care in local halls, so if they can take that much abuse they must be a very good set.

Interesting that the link to the article doesn't mention anything about Centennials. It's almost like they don't exist or they aren't even up to the quality of the Aramith Crowns. Maybe someone can explain.

For what it's worth, I've got a set of Aramtih Crowns for home use that are fine. The premiere and pro sets would be great to have, but with light use I've got no complaints whatsoever. I've seen the Crowns used heavily with minimal care in local halls, so if they can take that much abuse they must be a very good set.

Interesting that the link to the article doesn't mention anything about Centennials. It's almost like they don't exist or they aren't even up to the quality of the Aramith Crowns. Maybe someone can explain.

Centennials are manufactured by Saluc, for Brunswick. The materials, quality, and tolerances are the same as the Aramith Super Pro balls ( + or - .001"). The design is the only difference.

sfmc-x1

I Sell Out.
Silver Member
So far I know not to mix old with new, what I don't want to do is mix premium and premier/crown. Assuming premier solids are the same as the solids that come with the crown set.

Still, there is a lot of conflicting information out there, between premium and premier.

Tennesseejoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So far I know not to mix old with new, what I don't want to do is mix premium and premier/crown. Assuming premier solids are the same as the solids that come with the crown set.

Still, there is a lot of conflicting information out there, between premium and premier.

This is from the article referenced in a previous response to your question:

"Aramith actually offers four different styles of pool balls, but only three of those are commonly encountered in circulation. The three sets are: Aramith Crown, Premier Aramith, and Super Aramith Pro."

I understand the difference is that the 'PREMIER' are in circulation (which means they can be purchased) and the 'PREMIUM' are no longer available for purchase.

What specifically are you trying to do?

Jgar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the has 3 different resins they use when making the ball sets.

tier 1 is the aramith crown belgiums and premier sets
tier 2 is the premium balls
tier 3 is the super aramith balls

the diffrences between these balls is the colors and mostly the resin. crowns and premier sets will scratch much easier than say the premium sets and the #'s on the premium balls are more of a translucent than the black bold color on the premier and crowns. so pretty much you are paying for the different resins they use in each set and the amount of time and cost for aramith to make these ball sets.

sfmc-x1

I Sell Out.
Silver Member
"Aramith actually offers four different styles of pool balls"

What specifically are you trying to do?

I'm trying locate and buy 2 new replacement balls for a new/unsued Aramith Crown set. 1 is a solid the other is a stripe.
I'm searching online stores for best price and availability.
I'm sharing my buyer's frustration and apprehension towards these internet billiard haberdasheries because a few of them list the same picture for multiple items with descriptions that are vague at best.
Not one online store states without a shadow of a doubt that the Crown solids are the same as the Premier solids.
To make sure I'm getting the right replacements, I would like to know if they are.

Someone was very nice and sent me a PM confirming that they are.

In addition to that I wanted to know what the specific differences between all the common Aramith sets were.

We now know that there is a difference in the resin compound that differentiates Premier and Premium making premiums more translucent and we know that all the higher end sets use a completely different font.

All in all, I just want to make sure I'm not getting the wrong ones.

Cheers.

Last edited:

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
I've had good luck just calling Seybert's and asking my questions. Sure, it's hit or miss whether you get a knowledgeable salesperson, but I've been pretty lucky. (877) 314-2837

With the information you've received here, I think you're ready to have an intelligent conversation with them.

Make sure you mention that you're ordering via AZBilliards Marketplace. I assume the site gets a commission on sales.

sfmc-x1

I Sell Out.
Silver Member
I've had good luck just calling Seybert's and asking my questions. Sure, it's hit or miss whether you get a knowledgeable salesperson, but I've been pretty lucky.

Thanks.

That's 100% of the reason I wanted to ask here first.

Tennesseejoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm trying locate and buy 2 new replacement balls for a new/unsued Aramith Crown set. 1 is a solid the other is a stripe.
I'm searching online stores for best price and availability.
I'm sharing my buyer's frustration and apprehension towards these internet billiard haberdasheries because a few of them list the same picture for multiple items with descriptions that are vague at best.
Not one online store states without a shadow of a doubt that the Crown solids are the same as the Premier solids.
To make sure I'm getting the right replacements, I would like to know if they are.

Someone was very nice and sent me a PM confirming that they are.

In addition to that I wanted to know what the specific differences between all the common Aramith sets were.

We now know that there is a difference in the resin compound that differentiates Premier and Premium making premiums more translucent and we know that all the higher end sets use a completely different font.

All in all, I just want to make sure I'm not getting the wrong ones.

Cheers.

Call Seyberts (877) 314-2837 But it may be better to buy a whole set. If you just buy 2 balls they may be in tolerance to each other but not to your set.