Rage heavy hitter break/jump is low cost & awesome.

bigshooter

<--vs Chuck Norris on TAR
Silver Member
I bought one of these Rage Heavy Hitters on the bay for $65.00. I have to say I am very impressed, especially at this price point.

Not sure how to elaborate on a jump cue except to say it hits damn hard and I was able to maintain good control of the cue ball.

The jumper is awesome, very springy... so much so that I found myself over hitting my jump shots.

My shooting partner has a McDermott stinger he paid $250.00 for and I would put this rage up against it with no hesitation.

The butt does have some sort of synthetic finish over the wood but I really liked the feel of it, super solid.

The shaft is coated much like a cuetec and I absolutely love it... super slippery and a whopping 13.75 mm phenolic tip.

Anyway... if you want a budget ball breaker, try it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Rage-RGJBHH-Heavy-Hitter-Break-Jump-25oz-Break-Jump-cue-FREE-US-SHIP-/230924777220?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35c4307704

J-Flo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Weight Question

Do you know how much just the jump section and shaft weight? I may end up with another combo again. Ive been looking for a dedicated beak for a year. Ive read all of the literature on all of the high end break cues but Im still not sure what a $500 mezz can do for your game that your cue cant do. I may be very wrong but I don't know. Ive been thinking about the OB breaker but Im still not convinced on any of the high end ones. At any rate, maybe you have the right idea. go cheep and if you don't like its not to hard to sell a less expensive J/B like that.

P.S. If anyone out there has done any research on the high end breakers please PM me and fill me in on the secret. Ill go buy one tomorrow if they really are better.

bigshooter

<--vs Chuck Norris on TAR
Silver Member
Do you know how much just the jump section and shaft weight? I may end up with another combo again. Ive been looking for a dedicated beak for a year. Ive read all of the literature on all of the high end break cues but Im still not sure what a $500 mezz can do for your game that your cue cant do. I may be very wrong but I don't know. Ive been thinking about the OB breaker but Im still not convinced on any of the high end ones. At any rate, maybe you have the right idea. go cheep and if you don't like its not to hard to sell a less expensive J/B like that.

P.S. If anyone out there has done any research on the high end breakers please PM me and fill me in on the secret. Ill go buy one tomorrow if they really are better.

My thinking is much like yours. I have a hard time parting with several hundred dollars for a cue with one purpose... hitting the rack.

To be fair I have not tried anything beyond the McDermott Stinger such as a Mezz. Maybe there is some magic I don't know about.

I'll see if I can weigh the sections and get back to you on that.

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
I just got this cue last week.

Breaks great! Good cue.

I can jump no issues w my jump cue but this I'm having to work at more.

This is my first combo stick and I have a dumb question. When jumping should I just take off the very bottom end or take the whole bottom off and reattach the very bottom for jumping?

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
I bought one of these Rage Heavy Hitters on the bay for $65.00. I have to say I am very impressed, especially at this price point.

Not sure how to elaborate on a jump cue except to say it hits damn hard and I was able to maintain good control of the cue ball.

The jumper is awesome, very springy... so much so that I found myself over hitting my jump shots.

My shooting partner has a McDermott stinger he paid $250.00 for and I would put this rage up against it with no hesitation.

The butt does have some sort of synthetic finish over the wood but I really liked the feel of it, super solid.

The shaft is coated much like a cuetec and I absolutely love it... super slippery and a whopping 13.75 mm phenolic tip.

Anyway... if you want a budget ball breaker, try it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Rage-RGJBHH-Heavy-Hitter-Break-Jump-25oz-Break-Jump-cue-FREE-US-SHIP-/230924777220?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35c4307704

is it a 3 piece cue? It looks like just a break cue.

Thanks in advance,
Rick

Shannon.spronk

Anybody read this?
Silver Member
I just got this cue last week.

Breaks great! Good cue.

I can jump no issues w my jump cue but this I'm having to work at more.

This is my first combo stick and I have a dumb question. When jumping should I just take off the very bottom end or take the whole bottom off and reattach the very bottom for jumping?

Just take off the bottom section. I used to have one of these cues and it served its purpose.

DEXTER

Runde fan
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rage

For the price very hard to beat. Jumps and breaks well.
Didn't care for the balance though, quite butt heavy.

Drilltrash

Registered
I took my bolt out and it is still heavy to me. For the price it is a great cue if your looking for one on the heavy end of the spectrum.

ScottK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I took my bolt out and it is still heavy to me. For the price it is a great cue if your looking for one on the heavy end of the spectrum.

It is still heavy without the weight bolt. In fact, mine was illegal with it.