Lesson with THE Tony Marcino

Six Shooter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a lesson with Mr. Tony Marcino this past Saturday in which we revisited some of the material that Mr. Scott Lee had provided during my lesson with him.

Mr. Marcino also took some video of what was occurring before, during, and after of my current stroke situation.

Tony is very professional in his assessments and I'm glad that he is so patient:smile:

As I try this new to me concept of the stroke that BCA instructors recommend, I will say that I'm embarrassed to state what my stroke now looks like as I try to implement this new style. OK. OK. You all forced it out of me. Right now I feel very fortunate that I can make just one ball.

Tony was absolutely golden and was very honest about what he did see about my stroke. I'm just happy he's a nice guy LOL.

The first thing that he noticed was that while I am trying to add this new stroke, that apparently I had changed my cradle and was gripping instead of gently cradling the cue. He mentioned several possibilities on what needed to be done and gave advice on how to cradle the cue in a manner that he would recommend and then progress from there. When I see my game slumping, I begin to change things that probably don't need changing and thus a roller coaster ride begins.

Tony was able to iron out a few things on this roller coaster and set me straight. Though they were little things, sometimes these little things can create exponential issues down the road so Tony is getting me corrected. I suspect that this will not be a one time thing with seeking his advice and pearls of wisdom.

Were it not for people like Tony, I do believe the pool world would suffer badly. His own passion for the game is without question and like everyone else, he is constantly striving for that next level and his own AHA moment. It is this that makes Tony truly stand out. Not only as a friend but as a teaching professional.

I'd recommend Tony to anyone that is trying to improve their game and wants it from an honest good person. The knowledge one can gain from him is worth the price of admission several times over.

Growing up in the old cowboy traditions of my home in Oklahoma, I was taught to never look a gift horse in the mouth. In my opinion, Tony is certainly one of those gift horses. Something that no one should miss out on.

Kudos to you Tony. Just for being a great person and an awesome instructor.

All I can say is Thank You for taking the time to review a newcomer to the area and to apply your knowledge to a struggling player.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I had a lesson with Mr. Tony Marcino this past Saturday in which we revisited some of the material that Mr. Scott Lee had provided during my lesson with him.

Mr. Marcino also took some video of what was occurring before, during, and after of my current stroke situation.

Tony is very professional in his assessments and I'm glad that he is so patient:smile:

As I try this new to me concept of the stroke that BCA instructors recommend, I will say that I'm embarrassed to state what my stroke now looks like as I try to implement this new style. OK. OK. You all forced it out of me. Right now I feel very fortunate that I can make just one ball.

Tony was absolutely golden and was very honest about what he did see about my stroke. I'm just happy he's a nice guy LOL.

The first thing that he noticed was that while I am trying to add this new stroke, that apparently I had changed my cradle and was gripping instead of gently cradling the cue. He mentioned several possibilities on what needed to be done and gave advice on how to cradle the cue in a manner that he would recommend and then progress from there. When I see my game slumping, I begin to change things that probably don't need changing and thus a roller coaster ride begins.

Tony was able to iron out a few things on this roller coaster and set me straight. Though they were little things, sometimes these little things can create exponential issues down the road so Tony is getting me corrected. I suspect that this will not be a one time thing with seeking his advice and pearls of wisdom.

Were it not for people like Tony, I do believe the pool world would suffer badly. His own passion for the game is without question and like everyone else, he is constantly striving for that next level and his own AHA moment. It is this that makes Tony truly stand out. Not only as a friend but as a teaching professional.

I'd recommend Tony to anyone that is trying to improve their game and wants it from an honest good person. The knowledge one can gain from him is worth the price of admission several times over.

Growing up in the old cowboy traditions of my home in Oklahoma, I was taught to never look a gift horse in the mouth. In my opinion, Tony is certainly one of those gift horses. Something that no one should miss out on.

Kudos to you Tony. Just for being a great person and an awesome instructor.

All I can say is Thank You for taking the time to review a newcomer to the area and to apply your knowledge to a struggling player.

i sent tony some VERY CRUDE video of me
yet he was able to do an analysis and was very specific and helpful in his suggestions
with the help he gave me under less than perfect conditions make wish i could get to him for a personal lesson

Six Shooter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i sent tony some VERY CRUDE video of me
yet he was able to do an analysis and was very specific and helpful in his suggestions
with the help he gave me under less than perfect conditions make wish i could get to him for a personal lesson

Well bbb. I don't know where you are located but I do know that I am lucky to have found him in the short time I have been in this area.

FWIW, even though it may be a huge effort to make the trip to see him in person, I will promise you that it will be a good investment just to get the nuggets he offers.

There's no bait and switch. There is an honest assessment of what you'd need to work on plus the recommendations on how to make those changes.

Couple that with his great personality and you have yourself a winner all around.