Mini pre stroke vs long full warm up strokes

Sunchaser

Belgian Malinois
Silver Member
Mini or long...well...what's important is the finish/follow through. And stopping on last practice stroke at cue ball address point. Long or short practice stroke gets you only so far... HAMB...perfect practice makes perfect. Also, watch Efren for 50 hours first and do what he does.

Last edited:

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mini or long...well...what's important is the finish/follow through. And stopping on last practice stroke at cue ball address point. Long or short practice stroke gets you only so far... HAMB...perfect practice makes perfect. Also, watch Efren for 50 hours first and do what he does.
Forget the HAMB. Lamest way on earth to improve......(what if you HAMB in the wrong way?????????)
Just watch Efren for 50 hours like he said.
Then HAMB. No success?...then go back and watch Effren some more.
:thumbup:

Last edited:

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After watching Shane Van Boening I figure two full length then maybe the micro strokes two will be good. Was trying it out Friday night but not consistent aka psr. I usually do three warm-up strokes prior to spf...

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any thoughts on this via patreon page/video???
Everybody is different and you have to develop your own pre-stroke routine - whatever you find comfortable. I think it needs to be the same number of pre-strokes for every shot you take - regardless of how easy or how hard the shot. That way your body/mind knows precisely when you will be delivering the actual stroke.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
My warmup strokes accomplish very specific things:

- confirm my stroke is straight and in line with my sight (stance)
- confirm my stance/stroke/sight is in line with the shot (aim)
- help to fully visualize the shot (including stroke)
- rehearse the stroke needed for the shot (as similar as practical)

Where I am in that list determines the length of my stroke, shorter at first for stance/aim, longer (maybe) later for visualize/rehearse.

pj
chgo