First time at APA 9 ball in Vegas next month - any advice?

SeamusNH

Registered
I did the math on the 7 foot tables and the area is about 60% of a 9 footer. Quite a difference... Thanks for the suggestions. I agree with forgetting about handicaps. I play that way all the time. I've had teammates whine about players on other teams but there is not much that one can do. I have been to Vegas before, 5 or 6 times on business and once for fun, so I have seen the city. Hoover Dam was a good take. Also the view from the Stratosphere. For me, it is all about playing pool....

Toxictom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Play in a couple of the Mini-mania tourneys. They are fun and payout 100%. But you need to sign up for them quickly or you'll be waiting in line to do so.

Another thing I've done is to play in the practice room and wager a meal. It is a great way to sit down and talk with other players and meet new friends. I've won a few and bought a couple but I always had fun and met interesting players.

Don't offer to buy your team dinner at one of the finer steakhouses. I told my team if we won three rounds I'd treat. The $900 bill (less tip) cured me of that. LOL

SeamusNH

Registered
Do you consider this a good or bad thing?

Not sure, it is just different. I play in an 8 ball league and our home place has 9' tables while all the others are 8'. Our opponents seem to have trouble going from 8 to 9 while it doesn't seem to bother my team going from 9 down to 8 foot.