8ft Fisher Questions

mtd000

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Fisher I would like to restore. Obviously it needs cloth but I am wondering about laminate on the top rail. It's in fair shape but Im afraid if it comes loose from the table and or breaks, may not be able to be replaced. Also the rails seem to be ok but if I wanted to replace them, can they be replaced. This table is at least 30 years old. This table seem to be and odd size. Is this considered an 8 footer?

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
The table is 44" x 88", which is a standard 4'x8' table.

The laminate could be replaced, but it would likely cost more than the table is worth, as Fischer tables aren't worth a lot. The one benefit, is that they are a single piece slate.

The cushions could be replaced. Should be a k66 cushion profile. It's not an easy job for a DIY'er, but any professional should be able to take care of it with ease.

mtd000

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you for the reply. I wasn't sure if the cushions were specific to Fisher tables or if a generic type could be used. The table has some sentimental value. It was in my parent's home growing up so I've played many games on it. It has been covered with a large sheet of plywood with a bunch crap on it for probably 20 years. I plan on moving it to my home soon and refinishing what I can in the process. If the laminate isn't damaged any further in the move, I can live with it as is. If there is more damage I may seek new pieces for it. Are here any recommendations for someone in the north Georgia area?

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
Thank you for the reply. I wasn't sure if the cushions were specific to Fisher tables or if a generic type could be used. The table has some sentimental value. It was in my parent's home growing up so I've played many games on it. It has been covered with a large sheet of plywood with a bunch crap on it for probably 20 years. I plan on moving it to my home soon and refinishing what I can in the process. If the laminate isn't damaged any further in the move, I can live with it as is. If there is more damage I may seek new pieces for it. Are here any recommendations for someone in the north Georgia area?

Mark Gregory is in the Atlanta vicinity. He might just be the best there is. If he would take the work, he would be your best bet.