Cue touch up

Bigbrown66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have an old McD D3 in great condition, but the end of the but has a few marks. Any recommendations on touching it up? Will I need to sand it down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Need a photo in order to advice. Lots depends on depth and size of scratches, dings etc.

Mario

Bigbrown66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Need a photo in order to advice. Lots depends on depth and size of scratches, dings etc.

Mario

35cf559fdba3d2f6be31edbf96881d6b.jpg
2e1ae5df03443505954baa0ad9e5e178.jpg

Mcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
re-touch

Some of those dings along the edge do look a bit deep. Probably re-finishing the buttcap
offers the best results.

Mario

WilleeCue

The Barefoot Cuemaker
Silver Member
I agree with Mario ... a refinish is called for here ... either full or partial.
I dont think a spot touch up is going to get it looking like you want.
Have you considered sending it back to McDermott for repair?
If you do be sure to send the shaft along with it or you might get a big surprise when it is returned.

Some of those dings along the edge do look a bit deep. Probably re-finishing the buttcap
offers the best results.

Mario

Bigbrown66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with Mario ... a refinish is called for here ... either full or partial.

I dont think a spot touch up is going to get it looking like you want.

Have you considered sending it back to McDermott for repair?

If you do be sure to send the shaft along with it or you might get a big surprise when it is returned.

Thanks for the info. I have considered sending it back. It’s expensive but I’m sure it’s worth it.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those are not just marks on the butt cap. They're chips and McDermott's finish is quite thick. Thier refinish price is very reasonable, have them repair it.