Most complete Runde era Schon catalog?

BassMasterK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is Blue Book the most complete catalog for this time period? I have a very old Schon, it was old when I got it used back around 1990.

I recently got back into pool and took it to a local cuemaker for a rewrap/refinish and I was asking him what his opinion was for a date on it. We scrolled through BB but couldn't find the exact model. He put it on '81-'84 in his opinion. I looked on Schon's website and another collectors site and didn't see it.

From the wrap down it looks exactly like Level 3 R9 listed here:
https://store.bluebookinc.com/InstantAccess/Model.aspx?product=7&id=1368

but above the wrap it is a 6 point, solid color, the same color as the hardwood windows in the base with a black outline on each point.

At the time I was told it was unusual because it was a 6 point version of this cue design, but since they didn't make many of any type I figure they are all fairly unusual. :cool:

I have searched online quite a bit but can't seem to find my exact cue anywhere. Does anyone have any suggestions on other places I can find catalogs of old Schons?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Don't know but when I was 19 I had a Schon catalog that consisted of drawings for each cue. That was in 89.

Wow, we actually wrote letters back then and I had written to dozens of cue makers and collected their catalogs. I wish I knew where those two binders full of catalogs and brochures is now.

Schon did a lot of mixing as far as I know. If a customer wanted a R14 butt with an R19 forearm then they would do it.

You should check with Danny Barrouty as he was the person I bought my first Schon from. He might have some info on old catalogs.

Also you might just try Evan Clarke at Schon. Or even Bob Runde.

BassMasterK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't know but when I was 19 I had a Schon catalog that consisted of drawings for each cue. That was in 89.

Wow, we actually wrote letters back then and I had written to dozens of cue makers and collected their catalogs. I wish I knew where those two binders full of catalogs and brochures is now.

Schon did a lot of mixing as far as I know. If a customer wanted a R14 butt with an R19 forearm then they would do it.

You should check with Danny Barrouty as he was the person I bought my first Schon from. He might have some info on old catalogs.

Also you might just try Evan Clarke at Schon. Or even Bob Runde.

Wow, you just brought back some memories. I am just a year or two younger than you and like you, I used to send my name out to any billiard supply company or cue company I could. I used to sit in high school class and look at all the high end cues and dream.....

I thought about getting a hold of Evan but I wasn't sure if he would have complete older catalogs since they didn't list much old stuff on their website and this cue would have been before his time. I didn't think about trying Bob. I may just have to give it a shot because my curiousity is killing me. The cue hits incredibly. I have shot with all sorts of different cues and nothing feels as solid as this one. And man, it screws together so tight...

I was just hoping I somehow overlooked a resource that would have a more complete listing of the old cues. Thanks for the reply!

BassMasterK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know if rundeq@aol.com is still a good email contact for Bob Runde? It is the most recent one I dug up on here, but there was never a confirmation on that thread if it was still good.

Randy9Ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As JB said in post number two, Schon did a lot of mixing of models. The one I've had for about 25 years has the R12 forearm and the R15 butt sleeve with blue veneers. Yours is likely a custom order mix and not a specific model.

Regards,

Randy