Cleaning a JB Rugged Case Interior

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This may sound kinda off-the-air but it works: find a hairbrush(or similar item) that will fit it the tube. Tie cord/fishing line to it and push it down the tube. Pull out and repeat a couple times.

John Barton is contributing to your thread, so he can say if this would be a problem in one of his older cases.

Several years ago, I received similar advice and ruined an old case (not made by JB). It was working pretty well and I went in for one last pass. Unfortunately, in many case designs, the only attachment for the insert is at the top of the case. If your brush snags the fabric as it did for me, you'll be buying a new case. I was subsequently advised that since the padding was only attached at the top, I could cut the insert out using a mat knife, remove the brush, and reglue the insert. That also didn't work.

Last edited:

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got ahold of the lint lizard. The tube is too large for the shaft compartments but was a perfect fit for the Butt spaces.

I may head over to Home Depot and get a short length of smaller diameter tubing for the shaft compartments and just jury rig something so that it attaches to my vacuum.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
John Barton,

This is a neat idea. Would the sleeve work on my old Instroke cases (early 2000s vintage)? I use a roll-on rubber wrap on my break cue and this would save me taking it on and off every time.

I want to say yes but am not sure. Try it with a pantyhose leg first.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I have a new cue on the way...

It has a Cortland wrap that is fairly light and I’d like to keep it as clean as I can for as long as I can.

I’ve used my jb case for long enough that I’m sure there is a fair amount of chalk imbedded in the padding.

Any suggestions on getting the chalk out of there?

I made a video, I will post the link later. Short answer, just vacuum it.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I use Tip Clipz, and I get no chalk in my custom JB case with the very cool looking tan/gold cloth. Find them in the FOR SALE section, tell them RJ sent you ;)

Interior still looks like brand new with a two year old, heavily used case.

Last edited:

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
I'm old fashioned, clean the entire cue before putting it into the case, including wiping the chalk off the tips. Though I realize some don't do that.

I agree with John Barton, in that the only areas of the case that would get a bit dirty in the first place are the top interior of the case, and the shaft compartment bottoms.

Here's a bit of a tip I've found helpful, with a couple cases that I inherited. Basically clean enough, but I ran an old shaft down each compartment, with masking tape around the end of the shaft. Hold it upside down, run it down to the bottom, and twirl the shaft end around lightly. You can do it in the butt compartment if you feel the need to. You might even moisten the masking tape just a bit to pick up dust and chalk. Gently, don't apply much pressure, you don't need to. Do this until the tape end comes out clean. Then leave the case open for some time. Though there would not be much moisture at all inside the case, but just to make sure, as we don't want to offend the water/moisture police.

Best way I've found to get chalk out of the case. As John said, it doesn't settle in the middle. If anything, it gets in the bottom. If you don't like any chalk in the bottom of the case, this works.

All the best,
WW