Anniversary questions

Hinekanman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Curious in how much work will have to be put into this. I have started researching it and parts but would like some more experienced advice. Does this table look good and the prices of the parts, is it worth it to restore? Also , as is what is a good price for it like this? and how much will I invest to bring it back to its beauty. If you want to private message me also you can do that .

Attachments

• IMG_0396.jpeg
    IMG_0396.jpeg
    113.6 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG_0394.jpeg
    IMG_0394.jpeg
    146.3 KB · Views: 361
  • IMG_0395.jpeg
    IMG_0395.jpeg
    144.9 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG_0393.jpeg
    IMG_0393.jpeg
    112.3 KB · Views: 353

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
If that were my table I would most certainly restore it, they are beautiful and from the pics that one does not look that bad.

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A nice table and kinda the rare version of the Anniversary, a model C I think. I would definitely get it restored. These Anniversaries continue to be in fairly high demand.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anything can be saved. It all depends on how much work and $$$ you are willing to put into it. The Anniversary is a sought after model and well restored examples sell into the thousands. Do you have the skill set and tools to restore it yourself or will you be enlisting a qualified mechanic to do the restoration? Bringing this gem back to life is much, much more than making it look pretty. The subrails will at the very least need to be modified to accept modern cushions. If new cushions have already been installed, were the subrails already modified? If so, were they done properly? If you have the skill set and tools, you could perform the cosmetic restoration and leave the subrail work and cushions to a qualified mechanic. Is the table complete? It's hard to tell from the pics but it appears the ball tray is missing. It's not the end of the world but it is an added expense ($225 from Classic Billiards; www.classicbilliards.net). What are they asking for the table?

I recently saved this Gold Crown I. It was a lot of work and a little investment but the price for the table was right at $400. All In, I've probably got $3,000 invested which included the subrail calibration and extension and new cushions. At the end of the day, I've got a new Gold Crown I that should last generations. You just have to determine if the time and money is worth it to you. My trials and tribulations are documented here: https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?497624&p=6450657#post6450657

Best of luck to you!

49622667162_283e6b60a9_b.jpg

49725546583_f658784cff_b.jpg

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would have a competent mechanic eyeball that table in person before taking a leap. They can be beautiful tables but they are old and some have been moved many times by people without experience.

At a minimum, speak to someone who has restored one of these tables to educate yourself on what to look-for and what you cold face in costs.

Rockin' Robin

Mr. Texas Express
Silver Member
There are no side pocket castings on that table....could be a 9 foot cut down to 8 foot or smaller size.