Machinists Level

SlateMate

Banned
OK, what level do y'all recommend. i'm thinking of at least an 8" Starrett. what should i expect to pay on ebay and which model is best?

THANKS!

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
I have bought several Starrett 98-12 levels on Ebay. Never paid more than $130. Sometimes, you have to wait it out for a good deal. Of course, you have to be careful of the condition. Not only that, almost anything you buy from Ebay will require calibration.

But, trust Rob's judgment. I understand that he is a Starrett level Master. Surely, he will take care of you.

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have bought several Starrett 98-12 levels on Ebay. Never paid more than $130. Sometimes, you have to wait it out for a good deal. Of course, you have to be careful of the condition. Not only that, almost anything you buy from Ebay will require calibration.

But, trust Rob's judgment. I understand that he is a Starrett level Master. Surely, he will take care of you.

Yes Rob is the Starrett guy here. I had a 98-12 with a broken vial. Not only did he fix it, he asks me what color or pattern I want. LOL

Transaction was smooth as silk.

OK I'll say it Everything was on the level.

SlateMate

Banned
you got your level 'pimped'. lol.... i used to find antique chainsaws and old engines et at a scrap metal yard in texAss. (god i miss that place...) i found an old HUGE Mac with a gigantic blade. i got that thing running strong and sold it to a guy online at arborist site who was going to 'hotrod' it and chrome it out. lol.....