My New -R- Titlist

homer66_59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Back in the beginning of this year ( April) I had been wanting to do a custom build . After searching the AZ Forums and seeing some of the builds that Deanoc,WestPoint 1987, The JK Marshall Collection and some other AZer's builds I decided to have Mr Rauenzahn do a build for me.

I just wanted a simple old school Rosewood Titlist . So I emailed Mr R and told him what I wanted . He got back to me that very day with a price and a time line and what he thought would look good . A Bushka Tribute but with his and my spin on it. Pic included . I said cool and sent my deposit .

After sometime I thought how I could put my spin on Mr R's work and I came up with this . Curly Maple forearm Rosewood Points and Butt Titlist Veneers. Instead of the traditional MOP I would like Pua Shell Jerry's SS Joint 13mm piloted shafts with the pro taper and a White and Green speckled linen wrap 19.5 weight . Done right not Mr R came back and said he thought it would look better with the Green trim rings in the butt of the cue and some Pua Diamonds in the butt and forearm all for the same price we agreed upon. I was floored. So fast forward to now and Mr -R- sent me some picture's of the almost finished cue.I am in Afghanistan and I could not be happier with the whole process.

Before I finish here I think anyone who wants a great cue from a master builder and customer service that is second to none needs to look Jerry's way his execution is flawless and he is a fantastic person with great vision as to what a traditional cue should look like. I think the cue looks fantastic . Thank you Jerry.

Tim

Attachments

• Fancy -R- Bushka.JPG
    Fancy -R- Bushka.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 369
  • MVC-149F.JPG
    MVC-149F.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 370
  • MVC-151F.JPG
    MVC-151F.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 360
  • MVC-152F.JPG
    MVC-152F.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 363
  • MVC-153F.JPG
    MVC-153F.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 366

homer66_59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
More Pic's Of My New -R- Titlist

More Pic's

Attachments

• MVC-155F.JPG
    MVC-155F.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 361
  • MVC-178F.JPG
    MVC-178F.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 358
  • MVC-179F.jpg
    MVC-179F.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 364
  • MVC-187F.JPG
    MVC-187F.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 359
  • MVC-188F.JPG
    MVC-188F.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 355

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
Absolutely gorgeous. Wait until you see it with the finish on, in person. That Rosewood is really going to pop. Paua/Abalone is a great choice (nice, understated glow), especially with the green ring and the wrap you chose. Good point about Jerry's advice on the correct colors, etc. He guided me on a few occassions when he was building mine, and his taste/experience is impecable. There's no school like old school, and Jerry's one of the very best at the old school builds. Keep us posted on its progress! :thumbup2:

Stay safe and get back here ASAP...there's a lot of pool to be played.

Last edited:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the photos. Jerry Rauenzahn cues just seem to get raves with photos of recent cues he's completed.
I am looking forward to seeing how the different Bushka project cues he's producing turn out. I think there approx.
10 cues and all of the cues should get finished within a month or two of each other or so I'm imagining. I am eager
to see a gallery of photos of those various Bushka Tribute cues. If those cues turn out as handsome as your cue.
it will turn into a parade of beautiful Jerry Rauenzahn cues like you now own. Let us know how you like the play.

Matt B.

Last edited: