Test
Old
  (#1)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Test - 04-19-2020, 09:09 PM

Camphor burl handle, cored with Purple Heart by Larry Vigus.
Attached Images

The Hustler

Such a man spends all his life playing every day for small stakes. Give him every morning the money that he may gain during the day, on condition that he does not play-you will make him unhappy. It will perhaps be said what he seeks is the amusement of play, not gain. Let him play then for nothing, he will lose interest and be wearied. ***Blaise Pascal***

In the beginning he was a man...then he became the game.

Last edited by HawaiianEye; 04-20-2020 at 09:22 AM.

Old
  (#2)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute

04-20-2020, 02:17 PM

Little better. Not much.
Attached Images

The Hustler

Such a man spends all his life playing every day for small stakes. Give him every morning the money that he may gain during the day, on condition that he does not play-you will make him unhappy. It will perhaps be said what he seeks is the amusement of play, not gain. Let him play then for nothing, he will lose interest and be wearied. ***Blaise Pascal***

Old
  (#3)
CocoboloCowboy
Cowboys are my heros.
CocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1538

04-20-2020, 02:41 PM

Looking good.

“Pool is geometry, in its most challenging form, the science of precise angles, and forces" - Quote from: A Game of Pool, The Twilight Zone 1961 Television Show.

Old
  (#4)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member

04-20-2020, 07:48 PM

Some of the people on here were saying that the butts of these cues were hollow.

The depth of the holes in the end of the cues are different, based upon the cue.

The depth of the hole on this cue is roughly 3/4".

Look a the pen and the tape measure.

The plug on the bottom of the bumper almost touches the bottom of the hole when it is inserted.

Somebody else questioned if they were really made of ebony. Look and see.

Any little specks you see on the cues came from the bed spread. They aren't something in the finish. Look at the fuzz on the bed spread.
Attached Images

The Hustler

Last edited by HawaiianEye; 04-24-2020 at 09:14 AM.

Old
  (#5)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member

04-20-2020, 08:35 PM

So, which one of you are going to say somebody else didn't touch my cue?
Attached Images

The Hustler

Last edited by HawaiianEye; 04-24-2020 at 09:11 AM.

Old
  (#6)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
04-21-2020, 11:16 AM

Why did you decide to have it cored and do you think it is representative of the cues Dean sold as Jackpots, now that Vigus has worked it over?

Thanks for asking, BB. it was a throwaway cue. I was just trying to see how it would work out.

And yes, I will continue to argue I am happy with my Jackpot. And feign ignorance about the Jackpot scam, coz I am happy with my Jack-us

So keep your nose clean keep it on a shoe string
With no opposing no undue disclosing
Nothing stale nothing old or decomposing
Nothing empty nothing bold or over knowing
Nothing more than tasteful reconstruction
Of the plot that edifies all our instructions
It's on the goodness of our dime that you can function

Old
  (#7)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member

04-21-2020, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
Why did you decide to have it cored and do you think it is representative of the cues Dean sold as Jackpots, now that Vigus has worked it over?

Thanks for asking, BB. it was a throwaway cue. I was just trying to see how it would work out.

And yes, I will continue to argue I am happy with my Jackpot. And feign ignorance about the Jackpot scam, coz I am happy with my Jack-us
I didn't decide anything.

I got a cue.

Got two.

How many you got?

The Hustler

Old
  (#8)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
04-21-2020, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianEye View Post

I got a cue.

Got two.

How many you got?
Way to focus on a single word. Perhaps the least relevant to the questions.

you didn't pay what others did and had MAJOR work done on yours damn near immediately.

Why do you continue to act like your experience is anything like the Joe who looked at $500 cues and then went with Dean's Jackpot offer, only to end up with a sub $200 cue?

So keep your nose clean keep it on a shoe string
With no opposing no undue disclosing
Nothing stale nothing old or decomposing
Nothing empty nothing bold or over knowing
Nothing more than tasteful reconstruction
Of the plot that edifies all our instructions
It's on the goodness of our dime that you can function

Old
  (#9)
CocoboloCowboy
Cowboys are my heros.
CocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1538

04-21-2020, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianEye View Post

I got a cue.

Got two.

How many you got?

I honestly would think his # is a BIG ZERO.

Wonder want he will say ZERO?

“Pool is geometry, in its most challenging form, the science of precise angles, and forces" - Quote from: A Game of Pool, The Twilight Zone 1961 Television Show.

Old
  (#10)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member

04-21-2020, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
Way to focus on a single word. Perhaps the least relevant to the questions.

you didn't pay what others did and had MAJOR work done on yours damn near immediately.

Why do you continue to act like your experience is anything like the Joe who looked at $500 cues and then went with Dean's Jackpot offer, only to end up with a sub $200 cue?
I didn't have any work done on my cues.

The cues are exactly like I received them.

Do you think I sent one back to get the handle chopped off and replaced?

Get out of the haze.

The Hustler

Old
  (#11)
Snooker Theory
AzB Silver Member
Snooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond repute

04-24-2020, 07:59 AM

Missed this one, I'll say we have had different views on the whole Dean thing. But seeing all the folks who thought you had Larry core the cue >after< you got it is pretty hilarious. Of course, it came that way.

It looks to be a very pretty cue and it is cool that Larry did the coring on the handle.

Old
  (#12)
djv122385
AzB Silver Member
djv122385 has a reputation beyond reputedjv122385 has a reputation beyond reputedjv122385 has a reputation beyond reputedjv122385 has a reputation beyond reputedjv122385 has a reputation beyond reputedjv122385 has a reputation beyond reputedjv122385 has a reputation beyond reputedjv122385 has a reputation beyond reputedjv122385 has a reputation beyond reputedjv122385 has a reputation beyond reputedjv122385 has a reputation beyond repute

04-27-2020, 01:29 PM

Interesting ...so the cue that you spent so much time bragging about isn't even truly a Jackpot. It's a cue that wasn't good enough for the original owner, that they had to have Vigus core it and make it play better.

All this shows me is that you have ABSOLUTELY no idea what you're talking about, and were purely trying to be argumentative.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Old
  (#13)
63Kcode
AKA Larry Vigus
63Kcode has a reputation beyond repute63Kcode has a reputation beyond repute63Kcode has a reputation beyond repute63Kcode has a reputation beyond repute63Kcode has a reputation beyond repute63Kcode has a reputation beyond repute63Kcode has a reputation beyond repute63Kcode has a reputation beyond repute63Kcode has a reputation beyond repute63Kcode has a reputation beyond repute63Kcode has a reputation beyond repute

04-27-2020, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djv122385 View Post
Interesting ...so the cue that you spent so much time bragging about isn't even truly a Jackpot. It's a cue that wasn't good enough for the original owner, that they had to have Vigus core it and make it play better.

All this shows me is that you have ABSOLUTELY no idea what you're talking about, and were purely trying to be argumentative.

Handle wood was cored before the cue was assembled.

Dean wanted some unique handle wood for the second batch of cues. Some people sent him some camphor and redwood. Both are to light and unstable to use without coring. I was coring some things for me and Dean asked if I could core the wood for him.

Larry

Not taking orders at this time, Thanks!

Old
  (#14)
djv122385
AzB Silver Member
djv122385 has a reputation beyond reputedjv122385 has a reputation beyond reputedjv122385 has a reputation beyond reputedjv122385 has a reputation beyond reputedjv122385 has a reputation beyond reputedjv122385 has a reputation beyond reputedjv122385 has a reputation beyond reputedjv122385 has a reputation beyond reputedjv122385 has a reputation beyond reputedjv122385 has a reputation beyond reputedjv122385 has a reputation beyond repute

04-27-2020, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63Kcode View Post
Handle wood was cored before the cue was assembled.

Dean wanted some unique handle wood for the second batch of cues. Some people sent him some camphor and redwood. Both are to light and unstable to use without coring. I was coring some things for me and Dean asked if I could core the wood for him.

Larry
Fair enough, thank you for the clarification.

Old
  (#15)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member

04-27-2020, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djv122385 View Post
Fair enough, thank you for the clarification.

Guess he just showed you that you don't have a clue.

The Hustler

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: