[Drexel Hill, PA] Plenty of 14.1 players between Noon-6 on Sat/Sun

poolmouse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone in the Philadelphia area looking for a 14.1 action, Drexeline Billiards has plenty of it between Noon-6PM on Sat/Sun. I spent weeks going there in the evenings and went away disappointed that there were no 14.1 players there. Then the house man (several of them actually) told me to come in during the day on weekends. Wow, they were right, plenty of good straight pool players there. The best pool room in Philadelphia, the best game in pool. :)

LightsOut

Jason
Silver Member
You can also get some nice 14.1 games at Classic Billiards in Pheonixville or D&D Billiards in Downingtown. If you come to Downingtown Mon/Wed/Fri or Sun between Noon and 4pm you can probably get a game with Andy Toth as he is working there right now. You may want to bring a cushion for your chair if you do...last time we played he ran 85 off the break when I left an open ball. Maybe I will see you there or at Classic sometime? Or at Bob's if I can get down there, I love going there too but normally only make it between 9am and Noon on a weekday if I am working in Phila.

poolmouse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the past two weeks I managed six 40+ runs and four 50+ runs. This, because the 14.1 regulars are seeing me as one of the group (yay!). The bigger challenge is when the big man Bob Maidhof calls me out, let's see how high my runs become after a week or three of matching up against him. We both want/need to get back into stroke, and I'm very happy to help him start hitting 100's. :)

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
In the past two weeks I managed six 40+ runs and four 50+ runs. This, because the 14.1 regulars are seeing me as one of the group (yay!). The bigger challenge is when the big man Bob Maidhof calls me out, let's see how high my runs become after a week or three of matching up against him. We both want/need to get back into stroke, and I'm very happy to help him start hitting 100's. :)

Well, I am happy to see that you have a great place to play in & that there are players there that appreciate 14.1. I am jealous that there are no rooms down here in my area like that & there are very, very few players here that will play 14.1. Anyways, keep us posted on how things are going.

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
You can also get some nice 14.1 games at Classic Billiards in Pheonixville or D&D Billiards in Downingtown. If you come to Downingtown Mon/Wed/Fri or Sun between Noon and 4pm you can probably get a game with Andy Toth as he is working there right now. You may want to bring a cushion for your chair if you do...last time we played he ran 85 off the break when I left an open ball. Maybe I will see you there or at Classic sometime? Or at Bob's if I can get down there, I love going there too but normally only make it between 9am and Noon on a weekday if I am working in Phila.

I was under the impression that D & D Billiards had gone out of business awhile back. If it is still in business does Mickey still own the place or has someone else bought it.

THanks

Kevin

LightsOut

Jason
Silver Member
Mickey is no longer the owner, Brian Walker is the new owner and it is now operating under a different name (Cue Something?) but I believe all the street front signage hasn't been changed yet...Mickey sold 4 of the 8 GC III's and now Brian has replaced them with a few Gandy's and a 7' for the league players.

poolmouse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, I am happy to see that you have a great place to play in & that there are players there that appreciate 14.1. I am jealous that there are no rooms down here in my area like that & there are very, very few players here that will play 14.1. Anyways, keep us posted on how things are going.

Thanks, I just want to get back to hitting 70s regularly, and possibly breaking through 100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2