Mezz vs Predator shafts

genuino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This topic might have been discussed a lot but still have questions. I'm currently a Predator guy since it was the first LD that I tried, Z3 now, took me a bit but right now can't play unless is LD. The other night at league night, practiced a few minutes with a Mezz WX900 shaft, loved the feel and more or less played the same as the Z3 and for very low speed shots can control the CB better. The only thing that worries me is that Mezz shafts are solid vs laminate. Does that means that the solid will warp faster? Other than the feel which I noticed the most, is there any advantage to one or the other? I have two Predator cues, Ikon Model 8 and BLK series model 5, will have to sell one of them to purchase the Mezz, http://mezzcues.us/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=8, considering the WX700 and WX900 for it. Would like advice, comments or recommendations before getting rid of mine and buying the Mezz, I really liked it. By the way, not a fan of the other hybrids shafts they offer.
Help appreciated.

Nuts4Tascarellas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
shaft

Mezz is far superior to Predator. I repair cues every day. Predator shafts delaminating at the glue lines on each segment. This happens at the same time the ferrule cracks. Predator ferrules are weak. I fixed three Predator shafts this week with this problem. I have not seen a Mezz ferrule or shaft fail. Just take the regular precautions for maintaining a pool cue. Don't leave it in your car overnight or in the cold or heat. Don't leave it leaning against a wall, etc. Go with the Mezz - trust me. They are the closest thing to a custom cue in the production world.

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member
Mezz is far superior to Predator. I repair cues every day. Predator shafts delaminating at the glue lines on each segment. This happens at the same time the ferrule cracks. Predator ferrules are weak. I fixed three Predator shafts this week with this problem. I have not seen a Mezz ferrule or shaft fail. Just take the regular precautions for maintaining a pool cue. Don't leave it in your car overnight or in the cold or heat. Don't leave it leaning against a wall, etc. Go with the Mezz - trust me. They are the closest thing to a custom cue in the production world.
Well Said Sir:thumbup:
Mezz is by far the BEST Produktion stuff you can bye

I Got Lucky

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I live in the Philippines and have a Mezz EC7 with a WX700 shaft. It gets freaking hot here and so humid sometimes on the outside tables that the balls are sweating. I also play in very cold bars with the air-conditioning blasting and I have no issues with warping. You will love a Mezz cue.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is really no contest, Mezz is a quality product, Predator not so much...

genuino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you guys, I'm not disastisfied with Predator but the feel and feedback of the Mezz is superior in my view. Amen to not leaving cue in car :) and will post one of my Predators for sale in the proper section soon, thank again.

Last edited: