**BOOKMARK** The Ladder Drill

oshua86

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the last couple of days I've gotten several emails and PMs in which some of you ask me for a detailed version of this drill. First of all I want to say that this drill is not mine; I do not know 100% where it originates from but the way I am presenting it it's the same way that Bert Kinister taught it to me. He also has a video for purchase or PPV in his website dedicated just to this drill.

RULES: Run all balls in numerical order. You are not allowed to touch another ball. You are not allowed to bank or kick at a ball; all sets of balls (1-3) (4-6) (7-9) (10-12) are to be pocketed to their closest corner pocket. If any of these rules are broken drill is to be reset and restarted from the beginning.

THE LADDER - PRO VERSION

This is the full drill with all 15 balls. The measurements are as follow. (I use hole reinforcers to mark and place each ball on the same location every time)

1Ball: 1 3/4 inches from the edge of the ball to the nose of the rail.
2Ball: 1 1/2 inches from the edge of the ball to the nose of the rail.
3Ball: 2 1/2 inches from the edge of the ball to the nose of the rail.
Cueball: 15 1/2 inches from the base of the ball to the edge of the short rail & 20 inches from the base of the ball to the edge of the long rail.

uHTpIA7.jpg

The full version of this drill it is said that can only be run consistently by a pro or close to pro level player; I let 2 of the best amateurs in the country run this drill and they were not able to complete it even once on a pro cut table after an hour. So don't be disappointed if you can't get it at first either.

There are a set of drills and "parts" to this drill that can train you and it does make it easier to get to the ultimate goal' "Run all 15 balls of The Ladder".

CLIMBING THE LADDER

You are to be able to run all 8 balls 5 times in a row before moving to the next level. All balls are 1 inch away from the rail. Same rules as the Ladder apply, only difference; You start with ball in hand.

SwCpEks.jpg

THE LADDER - PART 1

Same rules apply. You are still to run Part1 five times in a row before moving to Part2.

lzeDqeb.jpg

THE LADDER - PART 2

Same rules apply. You are still to run Part2 five times in a row before moving to Part3.

53uH5tV.jpg

THE LADDER - PART 3

Same rules apply. You are still to run Part3 five times in a row before moving to the full version.

20jImK0.jpg

oshua86

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please let me know if you have any questions or doubts and I'll try and answer them and modify the original post as needed.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
thanks oshua86 for taking the time to post these.:thumbup:
any other ones you or anyone else want to post or pm me is appreciated
I LOVE DRILLS.
...:thumbup:

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
I agree, thanks for taking the time to put this together here.

WAY out of my league, but perhaps I can pick away at the beginnings of them, and see what I can manage.

Very cool.