help with cue id.

SamShaddey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was told this is not a normal slc. If anyone has any clue please let me know. Thank-you.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Probably one of the new Schuler's, made by Jacoby
I haven't seen any new Schuler's, just guessing
We just had Jacoby restore an old Schuler, and they replicated the signature

SamShaddey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No I have owned the cue for around 5 years and the Guy before me had it for like 2 years. I'm thinking it came out right around or just before ray died. From what I read on the inner web it says it should be after he died but the Guy I got if from thought it was from before. I've never seen a pic of it in the archives.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I was told this is not a normal slc. If anyone has any clue please let me know. Thank-you.

Hmmmm.... I have an SLC (which was signed by Noel at Schuler), and the S is different.

The cue itself looks like an SLC from the Schuler shop after Ray, but before Jacoby. The rings are an SLC ring pattern, and the not-so-great point work is typical of that time. If the V-points are slightly uneven, then it's definitely an SLC!!!

Ray Schuler was a believer in pantograph points, not V-groove. He actually thought that adding cuts made the cue weaker, not stronger as spliced-cue advocates say. This cue would have had Ray rolling .

It's possible it was refinished and re-signed by someone else.

But, all in all, it's an SLC.

Freddie

Last edited:

SamShaddey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are right the points are v cut. But the work is really clean way cleaner than the dale perry I had. And the signature is another thing I own an original Ray the signatures are close but not the same. I use the shaft from the original on this cue. But the thing that got me the most is the slc if you look there are lines on each end where all the ones I see on the inner web are under lined. I thought maybe it was an early Noel. Anyway the cue is priceless to me has way more sentamental value, than hold in your hand value I was just wanting some Info. So I could answer the questions I get I get comments and offers all the time on it. And I've never walked into a room a seen it in someone else's hand. Thanks for the help and keep it coming if someone else might have an idea.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are right the points are v cut. But the work is really clean way cleaner than the dale perry I had. snip..

Comparing almost any other cue to a dale perry (except maybe his old cues) is like saying that Lexus has smaller body gaps than a Yugo. Not a very good comparison there hehe.

SamShaddey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ya you are right on there it was the some bad work on that cue I was happy to break even on that cue.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
Nice cue. I exchanged emails with a guy who worked with Ray in his shop who was selling a Schuler on Chicago Clist. I'll see if I saved the emails when I'm on a real computer. Maybe he can help.

SamShaddey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks that would be great anything that might answer why it looks so different than any other cue by them I have ever seen. And if anyone has one simular I would like to see pic of it that would be nice also.