Mezz EC-7 WMP

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love wrapless cues and wanted a solid player that wasn`t too flashy, yet felt like a quality cue.
After owning a few custom cues I got tired of aftermarket shafts not matching up perfectly with my cue, so I went back to Mezz, their cues are as good as production cues can get and the fit of the shaft is so smooth you almost can`t feel the gap between the butt and shaft. The United joint is super precise and the feel of screwing the cue together is nice.
Mezz uses weight bolts, so i can adjust my cue from around 18-21oz. It`s currently at 19oz but I will swap the 1oz weight bolt for a 0,5oz bolt.
Mezz also makes a extension wich is super simple to attach, you just use the X-Bumper instead of the regular rubber bumper and then you can attach the extension, It fits snug after 4/5 turns.
Rings are completely flush and the finish on the cue is the best i have ever seen from any production or custom cue.
I payed around $650 and the cue is worth every cent.

dgem

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mezz is one of the best production cues. The quality is amazing.

SARDiver

JCC Chief
Silver Member
I have had my heart set on a Schon, but reading about Mezz has me re-thinking that. I like a good, firm hit. I wish they offered their cues in 21oz without having to pay them for another weight bolt, etc. (I haven't priced it, but assume it's more expensive.) (Edit: It's cheap, assuming I can do it myself.)

Now the wrinkle is that I read in another thread the possibility that the Adam Balabushka line (I own a GB-2) may have been made in the Mezz factory. It's held up like a champ, and I wonder how different a Mezz would be.

Argh. Without being able to hit them, this is damned near impossible.

Last edited:

Sir Scratchalot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've heard so many good things about Mezz that I came close to buying EC7-B3 or EC7-W6. I opted to go the custom route instead.

I really hope the new custom plays good so I won't keep 2nd guessing my decision.

Willieboy

Registered
AXi 607

I bought the AXi 607 a couple weeks ago and I love it. It's perfect for me. Yesterday, I ordered a second shaft for it... this one in 30 inch length. Great cues.

asamimasa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have had my heart set on a Schon, but reading about Mezz has me re-thinking that. I like a good, firm hit. I wish they offered their cues in 21oz without having to pay them for another weight bolt, etc. (I haven't priced it, but assume it's more expensive.) (Edit: It's cheap, assuming I can do it myself.)

The weight bolts are a standard thread size. I took my Mezz to Home Depot and found one that fit (don't remember exactly what it was). The hard part was chopping off the head and slotting a notch in so I could get it back out.