For Sale - Schon SP35 (Runde) - Mid 80's

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For Sale - Schon SP35 - Mid 80's - Revised price

Bear with on description- Rare Mid 80's -Collector's Schon SP35 cue with 4 points. Forearm is Curly Maple, veneers are old Ivory, cocobolo, and ebony. For lack of a better word, Cameo looking inlays of ivory, coco, ?. It has the maple rings used by Schon from '82-'85. Butt sleeve has is Ebony old ivory inlay with 8 vertical cameo looking design inlays bordered by coco then ebony. All ivory is the OLD IVORY. Only 1 Schon 13 shaft, as that was all they did by then. Shaft has some slight wear, butt looks brand new. This cue has never been refinished. The original wrap was replaced with an imitation black Alligator wrap, which will not crack as real Alligator does over the years. The pictures don't do it justice, it is beautiful in person.

Besides the Pictures of the cue, we have included a Picture of a 1991 Schon
document showcasing this cue as 1 of the best 3 cues they ever made. Truly, a collector's cue. Because of AZB pictures limitations, I had to crop
the original document to just the window showing the best 3 cues, I can
email the whole document to you for verification purposes.
THIS IS NOT THE CHEAPER LOOK-A-LIKE SL-23 (Playboy) cue with a birdseye
forearm. The SP-35 is the REAL DEAL, and the cadillac of the 2.

I am acting in behalf of a good friend, Bob Verville, who is a representative for
Renis and Jacoby Cues. He has a booth every year for the BCA, VNEA, and
APA National Tournaments in Vegas. This cue is from his private collection.
Bob Verville's identity and reputation can be verified, and references given.

The new revised price is $2,800 with shipping and insurance included. SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY. Reasonable offers will be considered. Please PM me for Purchase details relating to the sell.

Last edited:

Bassmaster

Gone Fishin
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
What you have there is a Schon SL 23 (Playboy cue 1995) with an alligator wrap. The cue is very nice. Retail on the cue new was 2400.00 The lowest street price new that I've seen was around 1900.00 On Ebay they bring avg 1200.00-1500.00 pending on condition. They are fairly rare which should keep the price up. I posted a pic and pic of the article written on the this cue about 2 months ago...should be an easy search " Schons playboy cue"

Last edited:

Salamander

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Bassmaster said:
What you have there is a Schon SL 23 (Playboy cue 1995) with an alligator wrap. The cue is very nice. Retail on the cue new was 2400.00 The lowest street price new that I've seen was around 1900.00 On Ebay they bring avg 1200.00-1500.00 pending on condition. They are fairly rare which should keep the price up. I posted a pic and pic of the article written on the this cue about 2 months ago...should be an easy search " Schons playboy cue"

So what you are saying is that his asking price is over twice what the going value is? It seems many people use the azbilliards for sale section as a "hope and a prayer" that they can sell something at extremely high prices. I feel that most people know approx. how much something will fetch on ebay. I suppose that the azbilliards forum is a reasonable place to test market something before resorting to the last ditch effort....ebay. In reality, I really don't feel that there are that many deals to be had on ebay. In that regard, it seems that it is more of a sellers market than a buyers.

Regards,

Doug

ndakotan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Schon cues

Does anyone have info on the middle cue in the first picture? I bought one just like it from a collector that told me Schon had recently appraised it at $2400 with 2 shafts. According to Evan Clark (current owner of Schon), he has been making this cue design for 20 years and you can buy one for $1395.

Snapshot9 said:
Bear with on description- Rare Mid 80's -Collector's Schon SP35 (Bob Runde) cue with 4 points. Forearm is Curly Maple, veneers are old Ivory, cocobolo, and ebony. For lack of a better word, Cameo looking inlays of ivory, coco, ?. It has the maple dashed rings used by Schon from '82-'85. Butt sleeve has is Ebony old ivory inlay with 8 vertical cameo looking design inlays bordered by coco then ebony. All ivory is the OLD IVORY. Only 1 Schon 13 shaft, as that was all they did by then. Shaft has some slight wear, butt looks brand new. This cue has never been refinished. The original wrap was replaced with an imitation black Alligator wrap, which will not crack as real Alligator does over the years. The pictures don't do it justice, it is beautiful in person.

Besides the Pictures of the cue, we have included a Picture of a 1991 Schon
document showcasing this cue as 1 of the best 3 cues they ever made. Truly, a collector's cue. Because of AZB pictures limitations, I had to crop
the original document to just the window showing the best 3 cues, I can
email the whole document to you for verification purposes.

I am acting in behalf of a good friend, Bob Verville, who is a representative for
Renis and Jacoby Cues. He has a booth every year for the BCA, VNEA, and
APA National Tournaments in Vegas. This cue is from his private collection.
Bob Verville's identity and reputation can be verified, and references given.

The price is $3,250 with shipping and insurance included. SERIOUS INQUIRIES
ONLY. Reasonable offers will be considered. Please PM me for Purchase details relating to the sell.

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
ndakotan said:
Does anyone have info on the middle cue in the first picture? I bought one just like it from a collector that told me Schon had recently appraised it at $2400 with 2 shafts. According to Evan Clark (current owner of Schon), he has been making this cue design for 20 years and you can buy one for $1395.

Go to www.schoncues.com.

You can buy that cue anytime. I think there is a subtle difference though in the ringwork with the older stuff being more detailed. You can probably buy it cheaper than $1395 if you do your research. If you hold out for ebay there is no way one would go for that high of a price...but I could be wrong. It is one of my favorite designs as well.

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No, it isn't

Bassmaster said:

It is NOT the sl-23, it is the SP-35. The sl-23 is a cheaper look-a-like that does not have all the detail work of the SP-35. The sl-23 uses birdseye maple not curly maple for forearm. The SP-35 has more inlays, and the veneers are ebony, coco, and old ivory points. The SL-23 has ebony and NEW ivory only.
Their are other distinct differences too. The SL-23 is the Chevy, the SP-35 is
the Cadillac.

And didn't Shorty just get his chops busted for doing this exact same type of thing to HAL? It is NOT THE SL-23, AND MAYBE YOU NEED TO KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT, BEFORE YOU JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS. BTW, where
are all the guys to jump to my defense since MY CLAIM WAS JUMPED?

Last edited:

Bassmaster

Gone Fishin
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
You could be right and I could be wrong......lets compare the chevy to the cadillac......heres my chevy.

Attachments

• schon cue points.jpg
    schon cue points.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 898

Bassmaster

Gone Fishin
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Full size of the chevy......holding my chevys forearm & butt up to your cadillac they look identical in the pictures. Mabey some better detail pics would help validate your claim. ;)

Attachments

• Christmas 05 pics 032.jpg
    Christmas 05 pics 032.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 1,111
Last edited:

Salamander

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Bassmaster said:
Full size of the chevy......holding my chevys forearm & butt up to your cadillac they look identical in the pictures. Mabey some better detail pics would help validate your claim. ;)

Considering the difference in price....I guess I'd have to take that Chevy over the Cadillac any day. BTW, I wonder if they both "drive" the same?

Bassmaster

Gone Fishin
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Via Email today..... Evan Clark of schon cues. Sp 35 and SL 23 "are the same cue"
One mans caddy is another mans chevy :cool:

Brunswick1845

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this post is very old but I just purchased a Schon sp35 and would like to know if you still have the document from Schon that talks about that cue being the top 3 cues they ever made. Thanks and God bless you

Brunswick1845

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Schon SP 35

I know this post is very old but I just purchased a Schon sp35 and would like to know if you still have the document from Schon that talks about that cue being the top 3 cues they ever made. Thanks and God bless you