Joel Hercek

AK-Stick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I received my Hercek cue the other day and although I have only shot the cue a half dozen times I have drawn some opinions. The shaft is perfect one of the nicest shafts that I have ever shot the finish is like glass. I was a bit curious as to how it would play as I had been told Joel attaches his ferrules a bit differently than most. I found the hit to be solid with a good feel, it wil take me a bit to get accustomed to it but I like it. As one would expect with a cue from someone with Joels reputation the fit finish and balence are perfect. I have not given the wrap a magnifying examination but with the naked eye I can not locate the seam in the wrap and it is not noticeable with my fingers the only other leather wraps i have had that would be comparable is Mike Bender, and Dennis Searing. I am not saying that others dont do leather wraps as well but of the leather wraped cues I have had these are the three that stand out. Joel picked out some very dense maple for the shafts that he supplied with my cue both shafts weighing a bit over 4 oz's, I was thinking of purchasing a low deflection shaft for this cue but I am having second thoughts, I have never shot with a low deflection shaft and as the saying goes if it isn't broken don't fix it. I am truely happy happy with the cue Joel built for me and I with out redervation recommend a Hercek to anyone interested.

Attachments

• Randy-entire-cue.JPG
    Randy-entire-cue.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 1,085
  • Forearm.JPG
    Forearm.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 1,011
  • Randy-backend-one.JPG
    Randy-backend-one.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 964

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
very nice looking cue:thumbup::thumbup:
did you do all the design??
im sure it will be a great player

AK-Stick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
bbb, i did send Joel a lion but he came up with this one and the Leo swirly symbol was my idea. Thank you for the comments.

AK-Stick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Update

Thanks guys, I shot this cue tonight against a buddy that is my equal and hate to say it maybe better we split 2-2 races to 3. I won the first 2 he won the second we both missed chances. But I can say Joels cue PLAYS!!!!!!!!!. You can say what ever but i have had a Gus from Gus a Barry from Barry, a Schick from Schick, A Bender from Mike 2 actually, a Perry Weston 2ea, a Southwest, a Kiekel, a Gina, a Searing,, 2 -R- Cues, a John Bender, a Eddie Farris,, and a couple of others i cant remember. The Kiekel and SW i never grew accoustomed to but there wasn't a dud in the bunch. I won't go so far as saying Joels cue will out play any of the cues mentioned but i will say that even with my limited time playing the cue if I had to play a game that MEANT SOMETHING, even if i still had all of the cue's mentioned above id do it with Joels.