Free APA patches

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Here are a few. I have a bunch more (like 50) somewhere else that I will include when I find them.

Post a reply, will figure out a public drawing method soon

Attachments

• 14330096471271837983632.jpg
    14330096471271837983632.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 2,082

Banks

Banned
Someone showed me recently that there are buyers for these on ebay. Saving up the special ones, then gonna toss the whole lot on there and maybe some extras. Retirement, here i come. :embarrassed2:

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Someone showed me recently that there are buyers for these on ebay. Saving up the special ones, then gonna toss the whole lot on there and maybe some extras. Retirement, here i come. :embarrassed2:

Well, if someone wants to flip my patches, more power to 'em

Solomon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wouldn't mind taking them off your hands. Please keep us posted on when you decide to give them away.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
well..... you could always do what one poster on here " who i have not seen post in a long time " said he did.

he sewed all his patches on a jacket which he wore to league.....to intimidate his opponents. lmao !!

btw ..i have a shoe box full. i have not received any lately as i have been turning them in for a chance at a free trip to vegas for singles nationals.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I always get a laugh when I see Apa players with 50 badges hanging off there case like it means something ... But wanting patches you didn't even earn takes pathetic to a new level. Lol

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I always get a laugh when I see Apa players with 50 badges hanging off there case like it means something ... But wanting patches you didn't even earn takes pathetic to a new level. Lol

the same could be said for any one who wants some thing for free ...like chalk...right ?

Texdance

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, do the APA players have to pay for a patch to commemorate their learning how to luck the 8 in on the break, or can they decline the honor?

Boy Scouts earn patches, too. But the difference is that Boy Scouts only give out one patch for Swimming, not one for every time you get wet.

OK, I'm out of touch with the APA completely, but if ever I join an APA league I promise to avoid any and all patches, they just look silly, unless maybe they actually commemorate some significant team or individual win instead of something people of ordinary skill do all the time.

Terry Aeschliman

Terry Aeschliman
Gold Member
Silver Member
patches and coins

I'm collecting the coins given by APA at Vegas Nationals. I have some duplicates for trading. No hijacking intended

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, do the APA players have to pay for a patch to commemorate their learning how to luck the 8 in on the break, or can they decline the honor?

Boy Scouts earn patches, too. But the difference is that Boy Scouts only give out one patch for Swimming, not one for every time you get wet.

OK, I'm out of touch with the APA completely, but if ever I join an APA league I promise to avoid any and all patches, they just look silly, unless maybe they actually commemorate some significant team or individual win instead of something people of ordinary skill do all the time.

according to what i have read ...some areas you pay for patches and in areas like mine they are free.

8 on the break and 9 on the break patches do not really mean any thing to me...and i am sure its the case with many players because both patches signify luck on the break and yes you do not have to accept them.

not quite sure how to take your last paragraph. do people of ordinary skill acheive break and runs all the time ? in my opinion it takes a little more then "ordinary " skill to have break and runs in 9 ball ....especially all the time ...as you stated. and for closed break 8 ball ...it takes a pretty fair amount of skill for a break and run occasionally much less " all the time ".

what about mini slam patches ?

an 8 ball mini slam is a break and run...an 8 on the break and a rackless all in the same match. a race to 4 in my case...i have earned 2 of those so far . it takes a little more than luck or ordinary skill in my opinion to earn one of those.

the same with 9 ball mini slams . to earn one of those you must make a break and run...9 on the break and shut your opponent out 20 -0 ....all in the same match. i earned my 1st one last fri night. again i say it takes quite a bit more than luck or "ordinary skill " to earn one of these also.

kinda agree that a rackless patch may be earned with ordinary skill...depending on your opponent. a rackless is where you win the lag and go undefeated in your match.

oh yea ...lets not forget about grand slam patches. a grand slam is where you earned an 8 ball and 9 ball mini slam in the same night. its only possible in double jeapordy divisions where you play both 8 and 9 ball the same night. i doubt if i will ever earn one of those because i don't have much luck and i don't have "ordinary skill. :D

there are other patches that i have not mentioned but i think you get the idea it takes more than ordinary skill or luck to earn most of them.

Banks

Banned
an 8 ball mini slam is a break and run...an 8 on the break and a rackless all in the same match. a race to 4 in my case...i have earned 2 of those so far . it takes a little more than luck or ordinary skill in my opinion to earn one of those.

the same with 9 ball mini slams . to earn one of those you must make a break and run...9 on the break and shut your opponent out 20 -0 ....all in the same match. i earned my 1st one last fri night. again i say it takes quite a bit more than luck or "ordinary skill " to earn one of these also.

kinda agree that a rackless patch may be earned with ordinary skill...depending on your opponent. a rackless is where you win the lag and go undefeated in your match.

oh yea ...lets not forget about grand slam patches. a grand slam is where you earned an 8 ball and 9 ball mini slam in the same night. its only possible in double jeapordy divisions where you play both 8 and 9 ball the same night. i doubt if i will ever earn one of those because i don't have much luck and i don't have "ordinary skill. :D

there are other patches that i have not mentioned but i think you get the idea it takes more than ordinary skill or luck to earn most of them.

In our area, you don't have to have them the same night. They also don't require the shut-out, at least as far as im aware.

I'm trying to save up the mvp, top gun, nationals and other fancy ones, then i can sell all of my apa stuff and retire. :cool:

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
Patches are cool.
My ultimate goal is to be able to make an entire outfit out of nothing but patches (except underwear though, cuz that would be really itchy and gross). Imagine how intimidated (distracted?) your opponents would be if you wore that to league!

I have enough to make a tube top and a pair of very short shorts, but I think I'll save up for something a little more manly.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In our area, you don't have to have them the same night. They also don't require the shut-out, at least as far as im aware.

I'm trying to save up the mvp, top gun, nationals and other fancy ones, then i can sell all of my apa stuff and retire. :cool:

i may be wrong ...won't be the 1st time.:grin-square:

like i said..i did not mention all of them.
as for mvp...we get plaques....and no we don't pay for them. :grin-square:
as for nationals...i earned a skunk there and the woman at the desk said they did not have skunk patches for nationals. :mad:

i need to get a bunch of ...i beat the league operator patches and sew them on a vest. only have 3 so far. would that intimidate my opponents ?:rolleyes:

btw...my lo is a 7/8. he oughta be a 7/9....sandbagger .:rolleyes: