Brazilian Beauty -R-

SSach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I always loved Hoppe cues and fell in love with Brazilian Rosewood after my first taste of Rosewood on Rosewood. Since that day, I have decided all cues I commission will have a Rosewood on Rosewood theme. After seeing some of the work posted on Jerry Rauenzahn cues I decided to reach out to him. A pure pleasure to deal with, very accommodating and most of all a hands down great cuemaker. So here she is my Brazilian Beauty - Brazilian Rosewood on Brazilian Rosewood Hoppe cue. Sorry for the bad pics that dont due this cue justice.

8.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Last edited:

pooldawg8

My Pride and Joy
Gold Member
Silver Member
Brazilian beauty indeed. Thats a killer looking -R- you got there. The veneers flow so good with the brazilian. One quick question is that a 1/2 SS joint over phenolic? Looks fantastic either way. Thanks for sharing your pics. I gotta get up to visit with Jerry very soon.
Jeff

SSach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Brazilian beauty indeed. Thats a killer looking -R- you got there. The veneers flow so good with the brazilian. One quick question is that a 1/2 SS joint over phenolic? Looks fantastic either way. Thanks for sharing your pics. I gotta get up to visit with Jerry very soon.
Jeff

Thanks Jeff, The 1/2" SS joint does not have a phenolic (or any for that matter) insert. What you see in the pic is the freshly squeezed residue of the wood from the shaft inserts.

Guys if you want a great player cue, give Jerry a shout. His turn around time is pretty good and his work speaks for itself.

Thanks all for the great comments. Can't wait to take her our for a spin this weekend.

pooldawg8

My Pride and Joy
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks Jeff, The 1/2" SS joint does not have a phenolic (or any for that matter) insert. What you see in the pic is the freshly squeezed residue of the wood from the shaft inserts.

Guys if you want a great player cue, give Jerry a shout. His turn around time is pretty good and his work speaks for itself.

Thanks all for the great comments. Can't wait to take her our for a spin this weekend.

Thanks for the info about the 1/2 joint SSach. Your cue looks amazing & I bet she plays as good if not better than she looks. I really gotta go see Jerry now.
Jeff

jkmarshall_cues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That's a true beauty!!!
This combination of Brazilian on Brazilian full splice is one of the few wood combinations I don't have in my collection of -R- cues. I'll have to talk with Mr. Jerry soon. (<:

Thanks for sharing.

John

SSach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rare combo!
Pretty,
Nick :)

Thanks all for the comments. I have yet to see another Brazilian Rosewood/Brazilian Rosewood full splice wrapless cue. The ring work was inspired by a Gus Szamboti cue I saw a while back. I hit a few racks with the cue and the feedback was great, the cue is well balanced and the shafts are not whippy. Overall very happy to add this cue to my small collection of cues.

Sanjay