Good Cause Raffle - Ron Gravel

SSach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't personally know Ron Gravel and I have only been to Diamond Billiard room once but the tragic and senseless passing of Ron bothered me. I figured it would be worth a try to raise some money here for his family and reached out to Alton (CueCaps) and asked if he would work with me in a good cause raffle. I am covering the cost for a custom cuecap which will have Ivory and I will work with him on a layout for the winner of the good cause raffle I am setting up here. If this can be turned into a "sticky" till we close it it would be greatly appreciated.

Like some of the good cause raffles I have been part of on Facebook, USN and others I am going to try to set this up the same.
Rules are rather simple
Visit www.gofundme.com/rongravel
1. $5 entry (enter as many times as you want)
2. You must send a screen shot of your donation
2. Random drawing via random.org will be used.
3. If you are picked you will need to provide the cuemaker you want the cue cap made for and some specs. The design of the cuecap will be done by Alton. Unfortunately, you will have to be patient and your input will be limited but I promise you that you will be a happier winner.

The raffle will close when I get an agreement that we did good on are part.

I am sure some that already donated would like to be a part of this so if you did. Provide proof and I will add you in the raffle.

Sanjay

Last edited:

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Visit www.gofundme.com/rongravel
1. $5 entry (enter as many times as you want)
2. You must send a screen shot of your donation
2. Random drawing via random.org will be used.
3. If you are picked you will need to provide maker you want and some specs. The design and time will be done by Alton. Unfortunately, your input will be limited but I promise you that you will be a happier winner.

Sanjay

Wow, Sanjay!!! Very nice. Where do we send the screen shot? Here?

Last edited:

AngryTurtle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not sure exactly whats being given away here - can you clarify? I have been intending to donate, this is a good reason to do it!

SSach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Post screen shots in this thread

Wow, Sanjay!!! Very nice. Where do we send the screen shot? Here?

Thanks in advance to everyone that is able to help. You will be a very happy winner of you are chosen for a custom cuecap by Alton. The good karma that will follow you is well worth the $5.

Last edited:

Billiardbills

Billiard Bill
Silver Member
This has been very tough on the community here and we are doing all we can to help out.

You know how they say "it couldn't happen to a nicer guy", well that is Ron to the T!!!

I am leaving for the funeral here very soon. The community has REALLY had a great showing so far locally AND throughout the online community.

We are organizing a charity tournament here locally as well but it is still in the works right now and already have 2 cues donated (one from Dale Breland/Tommy Doss and one from my cues).

Thanks again.

Ronald Paul Gravel
Died: Jul 20, 2015
Ronald Paul Gravel
Ronald Paul Gravel, 60, a Cape Coral resident for the past 26 years, formerly of Peabody, MA, tragically passed away Monday, July 20, 2015 in Cape Coral. He was born October 4, 1954 in Winthrop, Massachusetts to Guy and Charlotte Gravel, now deceased.

It’s impossible to sum up such an amazing person in just a single paragraph or even in words alone. Ron was truly an amazing role model and friend to so many. He touched every life he came in contact with. A man of many hats and talents, he was an upholsterer, a Chef, a restaurant owner/manager, pool shark/billiards master, guitar player, singer/song writer, avid cyclist, fitness guru, and that’s just the tip of the iceberg. He poured his heart and soul into everything he did and did so with the best outlook and sense of humor. He sure knew how to make us laugh! “Everyday is a bonus,” he always said. He truly had no regrets or fear of death. He leaves us his amazing legacy and wisdom to follow. He loved every sunset as though it was the most amazing gift every night. His camera is full of sunset pictures! He loved everyone he met and truly accepted everyone for who they are and treated them like family. He will be deeply, deeply missed.

He is survived by his beloved wife of 32 years, Elizabeth “Liz” Gravel of Cape Coral; two loving children, Joshua Gravel of Cape Coral and Katelyn Gravel (Jarrod Dugger) of Ft. Myers; five loving siblings, Michael Gravel (Janne) of Atlanta, GA, Patricia Kulakowski (David) of Peabody, MA, Frank Gravel (Rosemary) of NH, David Gravel (Cathy) of Peabody, MA, and Tom Gravel (Lisa) of NH; numerous nieces and nephews; father and mother in law, Jack and Athena Glynos of Cape Coral; brother in law, George Glynos (Lori) of Essex, MA; as well as several cousins including Paul A. Gravel and countless friends who loved him including, Doug and Terri Ferrell.

A Time of Remembrance with Military Honors will be held 4:00 PM–7:00 PM Friday, July 24, 2015 at Mullins Memorial, 3654 Palm Beach Blvd., Ft. Myers, FL 33916.

Memorial contributions in memory of Ronald Paul Gravel are suggested to MADD (Mothers Against Drunk Driving).

Mullins Memorial Funeral Home & Cremation Service, Cape Coral, is entrusted with final care.

Attachments

• Prayers for Ron Gravel by Dyan Huey Thompson - GoFundMe 2015-07-24 15-48-08.jpg
    Prayers for Ron Gravel by Dyan Huey Thompson - GoFundMe 2015-07-24 15-48-08.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 492
  • 11781718_779896692109034_1224701011115211328_n.jpg
    11781718_779896692109034_1224701011115211328_n.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 471

MDSPHOTO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not sure exactly whats being given away here - can you clarify? I have been intending to donate, this is a good reason to do it!

I had to look it up, as I didn't get it either. A cuecap is a custom joint protector for your cue.

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
Here's my payment confirmation mail. Thanks for doing this!

Looks like the campaign has already gotten to 15,000 bucks in just 3 days, pretty awesome to see.

peterskw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've attached my $20 donation and some pics of the amazing Cue Caps that Alton does. What a great prize this would be!!!

Thoughts and prayers for Ron's family and friends.

KP

Attachments

• Ron Gravel.jpg
    Ron Gravel.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 337
Last edited:

cardit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks, Sanjay. Great cause and it's good to see the support from so many here on AZB.

cardit
Mike

CAPE CORAL, FL MEMORIALS

$15,380 of $20k

$25
Mike McKnight

4 mins ago

SSach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let's keep the momentum going

Thank you all that have donated. Some have hit me up on FB with their donations on Facebook or via IM.. Please post your screenshot in here. Great seeing 15K+ for Ron. Let's see if we can gather a little more for his family.

Sanjay

SSach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Auction will close tomorrow at midnight

I will be picking the winner sometime this week. IF you IM'd me I will add you to the list after verifying your donation on Gofundme.com. The names will be listed here and I will record the random.org drawing.

Good luck all. Keep in mind it is fairly difficult to get Alton to make a cue cap as he is limiting his time making these. Here is your chance if you have been thinking about a special cue caps for your high end cue this is the time and it is for a good cause.

Appologies for the late notice .. had some personal issues I needed to address and won't be able to group the list of donations and pick a winner till this weekend.

Sanjay

Last edited:

SSach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do I have everyone?

Appologies in advance for not following through with the midweek pick of the winner. Work was hectic to say the least and time was not on my side. I had people IM me, hit me up on FB and of course post on here and I am just hoping everyone is accounted for.

Here is the list I came up with so far: Please reply if you were missed.

Cornerman $50.00
MoAli $25.00
BilliardBills $100.00
Bral $100.00
Angry Turtle $30.00
Adam Henson $25.00
Victorl $20.00
Peterskw $20.00
Cardit $25.00
BidBCues $50.00
Brian Marshall $50.00
John Benninger $20.00

SSach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There were 103 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

Cardit
Cornerman
Peterskw
Cornerman
BigDCues
Angry Turtle
Bral
Cornerman
BigDCues
Bral
Adam Henson
BilliardBills
John Benninger
Cardit
MoAli
Angry Turtle
Bral
Brian Marshall
Cornerman
Bral
Cornerman
BilliardBills
Cornerman
BilliardBills
Bral
Bral
Brian Marshall
Angry Turtle
BilliardBills
Peterskw
MoAli
Cornerman
BilliardBills
John Benninger
Cardit
Victorl
Bral
Cornerman
BilliardBills
MoAli
Bral
Angry Turtle
Adam Henson
BigDCues
BilliardBills
Brian Marshall
BigDCues
BilliardBills
Victorl
Brian Marshall
Bral
Bral
BigDCues
BilliardBills
Brian Marshall
Bral
BilliardBills
MoAli
Angry Turtle
Bral
BilliardBills
BilliardBills
Bral
BigDCues
Bral
Brian Marshall
BigDCues
BilliardBills
Bral
Bral
Adam Henson
Brian Marshall
BilliardBills
Victorl
BigDCues
Brian Marshall
BilliardBills
BigDCues
Adam Henson
MoAli
Cardit
Brian Marshall
Brian Marshall
Cornerman
BilliardBills
John Benninger
BilliardBills
Bral
BilliardBills
BilliardBills
John Benninger
Peterskw
Bral
Cornerman
Cardit
Bral
BilliardBills
BigDCues
Angry Turtle
Peterskw
Victorl
Bral
Adam Henson

The Random.org number picker chose #27 - which is Brian Marshall. Thanks everyone for helping out. A video of my picking the number was sent to Bill Lister just in case someone wants confirmation.

Brian I will be reaching out to you.