Raising the Hustler
Old
  (#1)
Pete
AzB Silver Member
Pete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Raising the Hustler - 05-29-2018, 04:25 PM

Anyone know if this was ever made?

Old
  (#2)
Michael Andros
tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Michael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond repute

05-29-2018, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Anyone know if this was ever made?
Well, here's the trailer on YT so it had to have been "made". But the trailer's from 2015 and there's a comment from a year later asking if it was "ever released?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lZaUOJgnqU

So it seemingly was made but hard to say it was ever released. I can't find anything on Google saying it has been.

Player: Ariel Carmeli Titlist Balaushka Tribute
Player: Sideways JossWest
Player: Dave Brainard Titlist - Rambow replica
Player: Tad model Tad-4-P
Player: Meucci QB-12
Player: Joss 10-08
Case: Fellini 1x2
Case: Katana 2x4

"Nobody in the world is going to do anything but sit and watch... while you run out."

~ Tony Proestos ~

"If they don't make you post, bet high!"

~ Fat Randy ~

"The secret to winning one pocket? Run more 8 and outs."

~ Ronnie Allen ~

Old
  (#3)
BassMasterK
AzB Silver Member
BassMasterK has a reputation beyond reputeBassMasterK has a reputation beyond reputeBassMasterK has a reputation beyond reputeBassMasterK has a reputation beyond reputeBassMasterK has a reputation beyond reputeBassMasterK has a reputation beyond reputeBassMasterK has a reputation beyond reputeBassMasterK has a reputation beyond reputeBassMasterK has a reputation beyond reputeBassMasterK has a reputation beyond reputeBassMasterK has a reputation beyond repute

01-13-2019, 03:13 PM

I found this thread while doing a search on something else and figured I would chime in, in case the OP is still interested. I have following this movie's facebook account for years. It has been a while now with no real news and I am pulling this from memory but from what I remember the film had tried crowdfunding to source some extra income to complete the film but it fell short. From what I remember the director had plugged a lot of her own money into it and couldn't keep doing it as an exclusively self funded project. I tried to find the post where she shared what was happening with it, but I couldn't find it quickly and didn't have time to comb over every post on her FB account. I believe that the film may still be completed at some time in the future, but I haven't seen any news recently regarding it.

There was a trailer made for it, but I believe that was just to generate interest. That isn't uncommon with indie film makers who are trying to generate interest. I have been following this guy who is looking to make a film titled "Ride the 9". The trailer actually looked pretty cool. Well, fast forward at least 5 years later, heck at this point it might be close to 10 and he still has no movie. I think it is very hard to make a quality indie movie without a decent chunk of cash up front. There are exceptions of course, but by and large I would guess that is the norm.

Old
  (#4)
De420MadHatter
SicBiNature
De420MadHatter has a reputation beyond reputeDe420MadHatter has a reputation beyond reputeDe420MadHatter has a reputation beyond reputeDe420MadHatter has a reputation beyond reputeDe420MadHatter has a reputation beyond reputeDe420MadHatter has a reputation beyond reputeDe420MadHatter has a reputation beyond reputeDe420MadHatter has a reputation beyond reputeDe420MadHatter has a reputation beyond reputeDe420MadHatter has a reputation beyond reputeDe420MadHatter has a reputation beyond repute

01-13-2019, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassMasterK View Post
I found this thread while doing a search on something else and figured I would chime in, in case the OP is still interested. I have following this movie's facebook account for years. It has been a while now with no real news and I am pulling this from memory but from what I remember the film had tried crowdfunding to source some extra income to complete the film but it fell short. From what I remember the director had plugged a lot of her own money into it and couldn't keep doing it as an exclusively self funded project. I tried to find the post where she shared what was happening with it, but I couldn't find it quickly and didn't have time to comb over every post on her FB account. I believe that the film may still be completed at some time in the future, but I haven't seen any news recently regarding it.

There was a trailer made for it, but I believe that was just to generate interest. That isn't uncommon with indie film makers who are trying to generate interest. I have been following this guy who is looking to make a film titled "Ride the 9". The trailer actually looked pretty cool. Well, fast forward at least 5 years later, heck at this point it might be close to 10 and he still has no movie. I think it is very hard to make a quality indie movie without a decent chunk of cash up front. There are exceptions of course, but by and large I would guess that is the norm.
Just watched that trailer for the first time. Looks infinitely more interesting than Raising the Hustler. Says 2011 on YouTube so yeah, its probably dunzo.
Seems like it represents the true life of a road agent lol.

Old
  (#5)
BassMasterK
AzB Silver Member
BassMasterK has a reputation beyond reputeBassMasterK has a reputation beyond reputeBassMasterK has a reputation beyond reputeBassMasterK has a reputation beyond reputeBassMasterK has a reputation beyond reputeBassMasterK has a reputation beyond reputeBassMasterK has a reputation beyond reputeBassMasterK has a reputation beyond reputeBassMasterK has a reputation beyond reputeBassMasterK has a reputation beyond reputeBassMasterK has a reputation beyond repute

01-14-2019, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by De420MadHatter View Post
Just watched that trailer for the first time. Looks infinitely more interesting than Raising the Hustler. Says 2011 on YouTube so yeah, its probably dunzo.
Seems like it represents the true life of a road agent lol.
Ya I thought the trailer for Ride the 9 looked very solid. I keep seeing little announcements or articles that make it sound like it is coming but on the creator never makes any positive announcement on his FB page. Just says he is still trying to raise funds. At this point I figure the actors may not even be around or at a minimum are 8 years older and may not fit the parts anymore. It is too bad.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: