Thanks to ATC

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ask The Cuemaker is one of my favorite forums to read. This is not pool related problem. But yesterday I was having difficulties removing a mortice lock assembly from my solid wood front door. The screws that held it in would not budge. Even with the proper size Philips screwdriver, I had just about stripped the head. Thoughts of the nightmare of drilling out the screws were running through my head.

Then I remembered how cuemakers remove pins from cues using heat. So I heated a soldering iron, held the hot iron to the screws for about 30 seconds each, and each screw came out fairly easily. I probably should have known how to do this without having read it here, but I didn’t.

Thanks for your help. ATC saved me a lot of grief and possible expense.

Greg

pescadoman

Randy
Silver Member
Ask The Cuemaker is one of my favorite forums to read. This is not pool related problem. But yesterday I was having difficulties removing a mortice lock assembly from my solid wood front door. The screws that held it in would not budge. Even with the proper size Philips screwdriver, I had just about stripped the head. Thoughts of the nightmare of drilling out the screws were running through my head.

Then I remembered how cuemakers remove pins from cues using heat. So I heated a soldering iron, held the hot iron to the screws for about 30 seconds each, and each screw came out fairly easily. I probably should have known how to do this without having read it here, but I didn’t.

Thanks for your help. ATC saved me a lot of grief and possible expense.

Greg

Makita impact drivers are amazing tools. If you can't loosen a screw with one, you have serious problems. They will also happily snap fasteners if you overtighten as well. As in 1/4 lags...

I like them so much, I bought 2