Willard tipping machine parts and supplies.

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi all,
I have purchased a used Willard tipping machine and need a grit wheel. I contacted Muellers who have some parts in stock and was told they did not have a time frame on backordered parts(sometime 2019). I looked up Willards and there is not much info on the company(no website). So my question is does anyone have any info on the future of Tipping machine parts or production?

Thanks in advance

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know a thing about Williard or tipping machines in general, but i do know that a lot of small proprietary mfg'rs simply use off the shelf components and consumables from others for their resale & service supplies.

Was looking at "oddball" abrasives for solving another shop's machining problem yesterday - got any pictures or links to yours?

smt

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Funny - looks like something a welding supply catalog might carry for prep or for detailing architectural work :)

What is the aprox diameter, thickness and hole size? Aproximate grit?

Can you make a plastic or metal disc and use stick-on discs?

smt

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I could, but would only do so as a last resort. The machine was designed well and I was curious why the consumables aren't readily available. Some of the Willard products are everywhere and some are unavailable. This machine is exclusive to Mueller.

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After looking through the likely suspects, I got curious enough to send an email to McMaster Carr's helpline with a link to the picture.

On the off chance they get back, can you say what diameter and center hole it has? + aprox thickness?

smt

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
McMaster is nothing if not prompt and clear.

Unfortunately:

We do not sell anything comparable to the tipping machine wheel.

There are some products that might be adaptable if OEM never becomes available but i can certainly see the initiative to remain original

Good luck!.

smt

ekb6760

Misplaced Texan
Gold Member
Silver Member
Check with metalware10 on this site. He might be interested in making one, or possibly already has.