Old global pool table locks - key needed

dardusm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A local room has 4 old global coin ops. I believe they still have the original locks. The key that fits the locks to the ball door and the coin door broke off and is the only key they have.

Any idea's on how to get another key? The tables have to be at least 30 years old. I talked to someone at global and they suggested just changing the locks by taking the slate off and then you can get to the mechanism. I was hoping for something easier and less expensive.

Thanks for any input.

Darryl

cnyncrvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A local room has 4 old global coin ops. I believe they still have the original locks. The key that fits the locks to the ball door and the coin door broke off and is the only key they have.

Any idea's on how to get another key? The tables have to be at least 30 years old. I talked to someone at global and they suggested just changing the locks by taking the slate off and then you can get to the mechanism. I was hoping for something easier and less expensive.

Thanks for any input.

Darryl

At five to six dollars a lock that is the cheapest way, Pull the trim from the sides, unbolt the rails, lift the slate up, replace the locks, reverse the procedure. Takes 15 to half an hour max.

dardusm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At five to six dollars a lock that is the cheapest way, Pull the trim from the sides, unbolt the rails, lift the slate up, replace the locks, reverse the procedure. Takes 15 to half an hour max.

I appreciate the info. The global guy said the same. I have one more shot that I'll check tomorrow otherwise it's new locks. The guy that sold him the tables still has a few and might have a key that I can copy. Thanks again.