Cleaning Diamond PRC Rails

GodinSession

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For those with Diamond tables made of PRC rails, how are you cleaning the rails? They really show all the finger smudges. I have been using a stainless steel cleaner, that I use on my refrigerator, and it works pretty well at keeping the fingerprints away, but wasn't sure if this could eventually damage the clear coat on the rails.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For those with Diamond tables made of PRC rails, how are you cleaning the rails? They really show all the finger smudges. I have been using a stainless steel cleaner, that I use on my refrigerator, and it works pretty well at keeping the fingerprints away, but wasn't sure if this could eventually damage the clear coat on the rails.
By PRC do you mean Dymondwood? We just wipe them down with a slightly damp rag. Fingerprints are just part of the deal. Chasing them all the time would drive me nuts.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
By PRC do you mean Dymondwood? We just wipe them down with a slightly damp rag. Fingerprints are just part of the deal. Chasing them all the time would drive me nuts.

realkingcobra said PRC means phenolic resin compound. With Dymondwood kaput, I think DymaLux is the replacement Diamond is using. Both are resin-infused woods.

GodinSession

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Not dymondwood. PRC is what diamond has been using since the dymondwood plant burnt down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not dymondwood. PRC is what diamond has been using since the dymondwood plant burnt down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Resin infused compound is tuff stuff. My buddy's shop as PRC cabinet tops. Is a fingerprint on PRC any different than on DW? Point i was to make is that pool tables get fp's. Quickly. Trying to constantly remove them gets old even quicker. A slightly damp cloth will usually remove them. Then ten minutes later they're back. Such a vicious circle. ;) BTW, that factory that made DW also made nice gunstock blanks. Still miss them being available.

Last edited:

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Diamond says beeswax in the yellow spray can is what is recommended for prc.

It will clean just fine but don't expect any type of gloss like dw does.

Prc is dull with or without beeswax.

You can "buff" the prc to a shine with wax and a buffer but its a lot of work that will not last long and is a waste of time IMO....

Rake

mvp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got some cloth cleaner spray on my rails and it took the shine away, after talking with diamond and a commercial pool hall buddy. The remedy was Murphys oil soap spray, then bees wax polish spray, and I happen to detail cars occasionally I did the table with the bees wax and high speed buffer. It did restore the glossy look but it was a chore. Now I never use the cloth spray!!! Damp rag for now on for the cloth!

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Damp towel in one had and dry one in the other. They are horrible for fingerprints and chalk dust, but,they play so dam good.