Eric Bristow MBE R.I.P.
Old
  (#91)
church66
AzB Silver Member
church66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Eric Bristow MBE R.I.P. - 04-05-2018, 05:41 PM

https://www.pdc.tv/news/2018/04/05/e...ow-passes-away

Quote .

" PDC Chairman Barry Hearn led the tributes to Bristow, stating: “Eric will always be a legend in the world of darts and British sport. He was a tremendous player and a huge character and even after his retirement fans would travel for miles to meet him and see him play.

“Eric was never afraid of controversy, but he spoke as he found and was honest and straightforward which is what people admired about him. The PDC, and the sport of darts, will miss him.”

Snooker to 'name & shame' slow players - Hearn
Old
  (#92)
church66
AzB Silver Member
church66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond reputechurch66 has a reputation beyond repute

Thumbs up Snooker to 'name & shame' slow players - Hearn - 05-05-2018, 05:53 PM

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/43952575

A bit of catching up due to technical difficulties at Azbilliards server HQ .

Emperor Barry Hearn was at the Boxing , he passed the Boxing promotion to his son Eddy .

Emperor Barry Hearn jumped into the ring at the end to congratulate the winner and the Hearn money machine continues.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv2MFjNNlrg

Super Suljovic's German Darts Masters Glory
Old
  (#93)
church66
AzB Silver Member

Super Suljovic's German Darts Masters Glory - 05-27-2018, 03:29 AM

https://www.pdc.tv/news/2018/05/25/s...-masters-glory

German Darts Masters: Mensur Suljovic defeats rising star Dimitri van den Bergh to win World Series of Darts title

So this Darts event was held at Shalke 04 Football stadium in Germany on Friday in front of 20,000 and take my word for it if Barry Hearn got the Wembley football stadium in England all sorts of sports events would've been held there , heck he'd have an F1 Grand Prix race around the track side .

Barry 'Bums On Seats' Hearn .

Yes it's times like these I miss Scaramouche.....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to PDC Chairman @BarryHearn, who turns 70 today!
Old
  (#94)
church66
AzB Silver Member

Thumbs up HAPPY BIRTHDAY to PDC Chairman @BarryHearn, who turns 70 today! - 06-19-2018, 07:38 PM

https://twitter.com/OfficialPDC/stat....pdc.tv%2Fnews

World Darts Championship expanded to 96 players, including two women :

The William Hill World Darts Championship will include 96 competitors and have a record £2.5 million prize fund, including a huge £500,000 to the champion.

https://www.sportinglife.com/darts/n...expands/148556

Quote .

" It is a bit of an experiment, it's a step into the unknown," PDC chairman Barry Hearn admitted.

"It's a long-term project, we are giving them the opportunity. Some of them are good players, but they have got to do it on a consistent basis. I wouldn't have involved them if I was still working with 72 players.

"It has to be a level playing field for everybody and if people rise to the challenge and if they do then good luck to them.

"There's no reason why women can't throw darts as well as men."

Barry Hearn: ‘BDO takeover would have been a terrible waste of money’ :

http://www.live-darts.com/category/d...20180605-0001/

Happy Birthday number 70 Barry Hearn !

Ronnie O'Sullivan: Barry Hearn rejects five-time world champion's 'dictator' claim
Old
  (#95)
church66
AzB Silver Member

Thumbs up Ronnie O'Sullivan: Barry Hearn rejects five-time world champion's 'dictator' claim - 11-14-2018, 07:51 PM

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/46198716

Barry Hearn insists global standard of snooker is improving as big names crash out
Old
  (#96)
church66
AzB Silver Member

Thumbs up Barry Hearn insists global standard of snooker is improving as big names crash out - 11-14-2018, 07:52 PM

https://www.sportinglife.com/snooker...rtunity/154903

Gary Anderson-Wesley Harms 'fartgate': We must get to bottom of it, jokes Barry Hearn
Old
  (#97)
church66
AzB Silver Member

Thumbs up Gary Anderson-Wesley Harms 'fartgate': We must get to bottom of it, jokes Barry Hearn - 11-17-2018, 02:07 PM

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/darts/46246500

GRAND SLAM OF FARTS Darts players Gary Anderson and Wesley Harms accuse each other of FARTING on the oche :

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/77606...ccuse-farting/

Ronnie O'Sullivan: Barry Hearn says player's breakaway plan is 'nonsensical'
Old
  (#98)
church66
AzB Silver Member

Thumbs up Ronnie O'Sullivan: Barry Hearn says player's breakaway plan is 'nonsensical' - 12-03-2018, 12:10 PM

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/46432531

Quote .

" Ronnie O'Sullivan's desire to form a "Champions League-style" breakaway series of snooker events is "nonsensical", according to World Snooker chairman Barry Hearn.

Five-time world champion O'Sullivan said on Sunday he is unhappy with the number of events on the calendar and the travelling required.

Hearn told BBC Radio 5 live he was "incredulous" at the comments.

"I want to watch him play but I am getting tired of his remarks," he said.

"It's a nonsensical thought because Ronnie needs someone to play. But it is clear that not one single member of the 128 on the pro tour will trust their future to Mr O'Sullivan."

O'Sullivan 'ready' with breakaway tour
O'Sullivan cruises into fourth round
'He can ban me'
Following his UK Championship third-round whitewash over Zhou Yuelong on Monday, six-time UK champion O'Sullivan said he did not care if Hearn took disciplinary action.

"He can ban me," O'Sullivan, 42, said. "If he wants to ban me tomorrow then I have already accepted that decision. I would rather walk away than live in fear about what I say.

"It doesn't worry me what he says any more. He is on mute on Twitter and I don't really have him in my thinking.

"I haven't got too much time so either make the tweaks which will benefit everybody or don't make the tweaks. I still have to be pro-active. But my gut feeling is nothing will change.

"It is simple, we need a few tweaks. Either do it or don't do it. But if you don't do it, I will look for alternatives because I still want to play."

Hearn added he had got used to O'Sullivan having plenty to say in the media.

"He's a genius on the table, but off the table sometimes he does get a little bit carried away and should perhaps be a little bit more mature," he said.

"He is on another planet when it comes to his brilliance on the table, and when he talks about the business of snooker.

"Snooker has never been in a better place. Prize money has quadrupled in the past few years and players are happy. That's not to say we can't get better but we will do it as a group.

"I will certainly be speaking to him but will not be talking to him while in action in a major tournament. I want to him to play at his best."

O'Sullivan breezes through Zhou match
'Money is not an issue for him'
World number five Judd Trump said O'Sullivan's comments were not representative of the rest of the players on tour.

"He's living on a different planet to the rest of us," the 2011 UK champion said. "Money is not an issue to him. He can take chances and has such a strong following that he will always be able to earn money in the game and away from the table when he retires.

"He's a bit on his own there, I think. What Barry Hearn has done is amazing for us. Money is going up every year.

"I am more than happy with what is going on. For most of the players, I think we are all pretty happy."

Six-time world champion Steve Davis said: "Ronnie is speaking for Ronnie. I don't necessarily think he is speaking for the other 127 players on tour. Ronnie is an ambassador for the sport but I think people on the look up to him as a player on the tour but not what he says."

Ken Doherty, the 1997 world champion, added: "Ronnie should stop moaning. It's a lot tougher down the bottom than it is at the top. We have seen the bad times and these are the good times. Don't knock the sport.

"Twenty years ago there were problems. Now the sport is in a good space."

View Comments 71
Share this page
Find out more
World Snooker
Read more on World Snooker

Ronnie O'Sullivan considers forming breakaway Tour :

https://www.sportinglife.com/snooker...ay-tour/155647

Snooker boss Barry Hearn hits back at Ronnie O'Sullivan's criticism
Old
  (#99)
church66
AzB Silver Member

Thumbs up Snooker boss Barry Hearn hits back at Ronnie O'Sullivan's criticism - 12-07-2018, 10:31 AM

https://www.sportinglife.com/snooker...ullivan/155850

Quote .

" Snooker boss Barry Hearn has responded to Ronnie O'Sullivan's criticism of how the sport is run by taking a defiant stance.

O'Sullivan claimed earlier this week that he was prepared to create a breakaway tour, such was his frustration at current demands on the top players in the game.

Chief amongst O'Sullivan's gripes is the the current ranking system which demands the top players enter the vast majority of tournaments - and compete in an open draw as opposed to the top seeds joining the draw later in tournaments - if they want to make the top 16 and thus be invited to valuable and prestigious events such as the Shanghai Masters and The Masters in London.

O'Sullivan had stated earlier in the week that a breakaway tour would be a last resort if no middle ground is found, but Hearn remains defiant and has warned that he won't sacrifice the commercial interests of the game to pacify a few disgruntled individuals.

Hearn told the BBC: "I don't see why I should cut back on tournaments to the detriment of the majority of the players on tour.

"This is a brutal sport, it doesn't reward first-round losers. The biggest issue is about opportunity for young players coming in and I want the cream to rise to the top.

"The top players are there because they are the best but they also bring commercial value to events by entering and without them entering, the tournaments would not be televised and, frankly, a lot of them would cease to exist.

"What we've done is created this massively forward thinking calendar where there is no time to rest unless they decide to opt out but, of course, Ronnie O'Sullivan, and some others, will give you the selfish approach because it's what is best for them.

"My job is to say what's best for the sport and how we can grow the sport on the back of giving opportunity to everybody, by not allowing allowing mediocrity and giving the opportunity for the cream to rise to the top.

"Then we'll reward them big - The Masters, top 16, Shanghai Masters, top 16, World Championship, top 16 seeded through to the Crucible.

"But there are only so many benefits and if you are a top player I expect you to prove it week in, week out.

"We have to go where the money is. I'm not here to make the players happy, I'm here to give them an opportunity to change their lives and it requires sacrifice.

"Get into the real world."

When pressed on O'Sullivan, Hearn invited him to enter into dialogue through the official channels.

Heard added: "I'm being very greedy. I want our top players to be seen earlier.

"We're an evolving sport, we're not the finished deal.

"We are talking through the proper channels, which is the Players Commission, and they are giving me a hard ride which is great.

"I get opinion from the top, the bottom and the middle.

"These people are passionate about our sport, as I am, but they don't just talk about it on social media, they get involved.

"That's the message to the other players, especially Ronnie O'Sullivan, but when it comes down to it he can't be bothered."

World Championship 96-player field here to stay “for next two years at least” says Ba
Old
  (#100)
church66
AzB Silver Member

Thumbs up World Championship 96-player field here to stay “for next two years at least” says Ba - 12-26-2018, 06:21 PM

https://www.live-darts.com/category/...cfbBjeK4gpZR1o

PDC World Darts Championship: Barry Hearn on how darts could rival golf
Old
  (#101)
church66
AzB Silver Member

Thumbs up PDC World Darts Championship: Barry Hearn on how darts could rival golf - 01-02-2019, 03:43 PM

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/darts/46724051

Quotes .

"We concentrated on increased prize money," says Hearn.

"Around 2003 or 2004, I suddenly started seeing overseas sales, interest from companies to sponsor events, the internet was growing. Most of it comes down just to bloody mindedness and hard graft.

"I built a team behind me that felt the same - here is a game that millions play all over the world. They've never really had a sustainable plan which says we are going to be a major global sport."

"We are coming up to nearly a year of not using walk-on girls at our events in the UK," he says.

"When I look at having women in the World Championship - two qualified women played this year - it's probably another step in the sport maturing and growing up into the real world. It inevitably has new rules to it.

"We don't have a women's championship, and the men. There is one championship and it is a level playing field for everyone. It is purely about ability."

"I have a clear, concise plan of where this sport is going and that is globally," says Hearn.

"We will see China develop a major darts involvement and there's a lot of people in China."

"There's a lot of money in China. We are seeing India, Pakistan, Bangladesh picking up darts. We are not a UK sport, we are a global sport and as such we are looking at expanding into north America, to south America, we've opened a small office in China.

"I don't see any reason at all why darts shouldn't be the same size as professional golf."

"We have been super successful, but we haven't reached the end game yet," he says.

Emperor Hearn has made a nice little earner from the world of Darts !

Pdc stars will play for record-breaking amount of £14 million prize money in 2019
Old
  (#102)
church66
AzB Silver Member

Thumbs up Pdc stars will play for record-breaking amount of £14 million prize money in 2019 - 01-09-2019, 07:54 PM

https://dartsnews.com/pdc-stars-will...hDvK4tcnEoFN6s

Emperor Barry Hearn quotes :

“This is another huge step forward for players on the PDC circuit,” said PDC Chairman Barry Hearn.

“We had already expanded the World Championship to 96 players an record levels of prize money and announced that all 128 Tour Card Holders will compete in the UK Open, and it’s fantastic to increase prize money across our other Premier events and the European Tour.

“A PDC Tour Card really now is a Golden Ticket, and unprecedented rewards are now available for successful players.

“We’ve already seen an increased field at the European Qualifying School and are all set for a hugely competitive UK Qualifying School later this month ahead of an eagerly-anticipated 2019 on the PDC circuit.”

Barry Hearn Brands New Challenge Tour Format “Dumb”
Old
  (#103)
church66
AzB Silver Member

Thumbs up Barry Hearn Brands New Challenge Tour Format “Dumb” - 03-27-2019, 09:40 AM

https://snookerhq.com/2019/03/27/bar...r-format-dumb/

Quote .
The proposed change to the Challenge Tour in snooker has been labelled as a “dumb decision” by Barry Hearn.

Challenge Tour in snooker
Hearn has been in charge of the commercial arm of the sport since 2010. Photo credit: World Snooker

World Snooker chairman Hearn was responding on social media after a wave of criticism followed Monday’s announcement of a new play-off system.

Rather than granting two-year tour cards to the top two performers of the series, as was the case during this season’s inaugural staging of the secondary circuit, a total of 16 players from the final Order of Merit list after the completion of ten events will advance to a play-off tournament.

The latter event will then result in the two finalists being awarded with the coveted Main Tour spots.

There was an immediate backlash from players and fans alike, with many pointing to the fact that the new system was potentially rewarding mediocrity – something that Hearn has always vehemently campaigned against.

Mark Allen stated that it was “very disappointing for amateur snooker” while Joe Perry called it a “terrible decision”.

Amateur players like Steven Hallworth, Sydney Wilson, and Barry Pinches were among those who expressed their concerns.

Hope of a potential reversal remains, though, as Hearn suggested that a rethink was possible.

Mark Allen

@pistol147
· Mar 26, 2019
Replying to @BarryHearn @DavidKay147
I can vouch for the fact that you listen boss man but think there’s been a boo boo made on this one

Barry Hearn

@BarryHearn
So do I. Dumb decision so let me review with my colleagues.

4:18 PM - Mar 26, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
21 people are talking about this
The majority of players who commented didn’t have much of an issue with the implementation of a play-off itself, rather the complete disregard for the competitors who produce strong results throughout the campaign and finish top of the standings.

A balance between one or two automatic positions and an additional spot being awarded from the play-offs could be a more appropriate compromise.

The Challenge Tour in snooker was launched last year in a bid to increase the levels of competitive snooker among the amateur ranks.

English duo Brandon Sargeant and David Grace topped the order of merit standings and were granted with two-year tour cards that will commence next season.

However, the initiative wasn’t without its teething problems and of particular concern was the low entry numbers into the majority of the ten tournaments.

The same number of events will be staged on the 2019/20 Challenge Tour, with six set to be held in the UK and four across Europe.

Like last time, there will be £10,000 worth of prize money on offer from each event.

As things stand, in order for players to have a chance of taking part they must first enter the 2019 Q School, with entries for that competition closing on Wednesday at 12pm.

CHALLENGE TOUR – REVISION :

http://www.worldsnooker.com/challenge-tour-revision/

Quote .

Wednesday 27 Mar 2019 09:21AM
Our announcement earlier this week about the structure for the 2019/20 Challenge Tour has prompted discussion among professional and amateur players. Taking this feedback on board and with due consideration, we have decided to amend the criteria for winning the two available World Snooker Tour Cards.

The player who finishes top of the Challenge Tour rankings after ten events will be awarded a Tour Card. The next eight players in the rankings with go into a play-off event, with the winner of that event to receive the second Tour Card. The draw for the play-off will be seeded with the player highest in the Challenge Tour rankings drawn against the eighth highest, and so on.

All other details for the 2019/20 Challenge Tour remain as previously announced.

It will include six events in the UK and four in Europe. Snooker clubs and federations will be given the chance to bid to host events. Clubs do not need to use Star tables but those in the UK must be affiliated to the WPBSA’s 147 Club scheme. The prize money for each event will be £10,000.

The field for events will be made up as follows:

UK Events
• The top 56 players from the 2019 Q School ranking list
• Eight Wildcards, to be selected with the intention to promote the development of grassroots talent
• If necessary, the last-64 round will then be topped up with players on the Q School ranking list

European Events
• The top 56 players from the 2019 Q School ranking list. All 56 will be directly entered into the last 64.
• Eight Wildcards, to be selected with the intention to promote the development of grassroots talent.
• An unlimited number of further entrants will compete in pre-qualifying stages, playing down to the available places in the last 64.

The two available World Snooker Tour Cards will be for the 2020-21 and 2021-22 seasons.

Further details including the dates and locations of the events will be confirmed when available.

Q School 2019 takes places in Wigan in May with 12 World Snooker Tour cards available. The closing date for entry is THIS WEDNESDAY March 27 at 12pm. For all details click here

Barry Hearn Announces Million Pounds Pot for 147 Breaks
Old
  (#104)
church66
AzB Silver Member

Thumbs up Barry Hearn Announces Million Pounds Pot for 147 Breaks - 05-01-2019, 07:48 PM

https://snookerhq.com/2019/05/01/bar...ot-147-breaks/

Quote .
"Barry Hearn has announced that there will be a potential bonus of a million pounds pot for 147 breaks during the 2019/20 snooker campaign.

million pounds pot for 147 breaks
The World Snooker chairman was in energetic form as normal. Photo credit: World Snooker

In his annual press conference at the Crucible Theatre during the World Snooker Championship, the World Snooker chairman also revealed that Betfred will be the title sponsor of the blue riband tournament for another two years.

Additionally, Hearn said that from next season the World Snooker Championship will revert to a tiered qualification system.

There will also be four extra spots attributed to May’s Q School – bringing the total number of graduates to 16 – while it was confirmed that legend Jimmy White will receive another two-year tour card.
However, perhaps most interesting was the news that there will be a potential bonus of a millions pounds pot for 147 breaks during the next term.

For the last few years, the sport has adopted a rolling 147 break prize, starting at £5,000 and escalating in each ranking event in which a maximum isn’t compiled.

But from next season, that system will be scrapped in favour of an eye-catching incentive to get players to score even more heavily than is currently the case.

Should a minimum of 20 players construct the perfect frame throughout the entire campaign, all of those competitors will share the million pounds pot for 147 breaks.

That means if it is made by 20 different players, they will each share a tidy sum of £50,000 at the climax of the 2019/20 period.

Presumably, if a player makes more than one maximum, he will be awarded with a greater share of the jackpot.

There has never been this many accumulated in a single season with just a dozen 147 breaks being made during 2018/19 so far.
Matt
@ProSnookerBlog
Barry has also announced a new £1m pot next season for 147 breaks - if there are at least 20 maximums next season then the players will share the pot.

1:17 PM - May 1, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
27 people are talking about this
Meanwhile, the other notable announcement regarded the changes to next year’s qualification for the World Snooker Championship.

Not since the 2014 edition has a variation of the tiered system been utilised but that traditional method is to return in twelve months.

From 2020, the 16 WPBSA amateur invites will enter in the opening round alongside the 48 lowest ranked players from the Main Tour’s tally of 128.

The 32 winners will face players ranked from number 49 to number 80 in the pecking order, with those victors finally facing off against the players ranked from 17 to 48 – across two final rounds.

It means that there is a greater reward for finishing higher up the rankings as was previously the case, when formidable players like Ali Carter and Graeme Dott were forced to emerge from three hurdles in qualifying to reach the Crucible.

Elsewhere, there was no great deal of surprise as Hearn confirmed that the “Whirlwind” will continue to blow on the circuit for the upcoming couple of campaigns.

Former UK and Masters champion White, who failed to break back into the top 64 on the back of his initial invitational tour card, had already let the cat out of the bag in a recent interview with The Guardian.

Hearn said that the Londoner, who turns 57 on Thursday, was being rewarded for “undisputed services to snooker.”

Emperor Barry Hearn took time out of his holiday in the sun schedule to get a photograph with US 9 Ball Open winner Joshua Filler . Here's Emperor Barry Hearn in his 'I wish I won the US Masters Golf Green jacket' picture with the tournament winner Joshua Filler .

https://twitter.com/barryhearn

I watched as much US 9 Ball but imagine travelling from one side of the world to the next , Mandalay Bay to hit a dry break on your first shot then sit on your seat until your beat . How's that a great tournament ?

Emperor Barry Hearn then no doubt helped out his son Eddie Hearn to sell a Boxing deal for Anthony Joshua fight to the USA on PPV TV Channel and this is the best they could come up with to sell to USA fight fans .

Anthony Joshua to defend his heavyweight titles against Andy Ruiz Jr :

https://www.sportinglife.com/footbal...ruiz-jr/165894

Anthony Joshua v Andy Ruiz Jr: Briton anticipates 'technical' bout in New York ;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/48125078

Oddschecker : Anthony Joshua v Andy Ruiz Jr odds REVEALED :

Quote .

" Unbeaten Joshua is an overwhelming favourite to beat his stand-in opponent.

Anthony Joshua was confirmed to face Andy Ruiz Jr. on June 1st at Madison Square Garden and the Watford-born world champ is just 1/16 to rack up his 23rd win as a professional.

Considering that Joshua was 1/6 to beat Jarrell Miller, bookies think that Ruiz presents an easier challenge than the New Yorker, despite the 29-year-old winning 32 of his 33 fights, 21 by KO.

Ruiz Jr’s sole loss was to Joseph Parker, who is the only person to have taken AJ the distance in his pro career. He is 12/1 to cause an upset, with the draw available at 33/1.

Joshua is currently backed by 61% of total bets, with 38% of the money going on Ruiz Jr. The challenger has said that he wants to ‘shock the world’ by beating Eddie Hearn’s golden boy, but bookies think he has less of a chance than Carlos Takam and Alexander Povetkin, both of whom went off at shorter odds in their respective fights.

Oddschecker spokesperson George Elek: ” Joshua's odds suggest it will be another easy victory for the English fighter, with bookies and punters alike giving Ruiz Jr little chance against.

There remains some doubt about Joshua's chin, so with 21 KOs from 32 wins, he will be keen to finish the fight before he is hit by the powerful challenger. Joshua is 16/1 to end it in the first round.”

Emperor Barry Hearn putting bums on seats since the day he met Steve Davis .

Are you buying Joshua V Ruiz Jr on pay per view ?

Hearn hails phenomenal success of partypoker us open
Old
  (#105)
church66
AzB Silver Member

Thumbs up Hearn hails phenomenal success of partypoker us open - 05-03-2019, 11:51 PM

http://www.matchroompool.com/news/he...md6axzQwL2FMh8

Never mind what Emperor Barry Hearn said .

I'd rather hear about the players views when they traveled from the other side of the world only to get a dry break and sit on their seat and watch the opponent run out for the match .

Page 7 of 8 « First 567 8

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: