Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Logo design challenge
Page 1 of 4 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Logo design challenge
Old
  (#1)
Double-Dave
Developing cue-addict
Double-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5795

Logo design challenge - 06-16-2015, 03:33 AM

Hi guys,

For quite a few years now we've had the same basic design on our webshop
and it's time for a change. I've spent some money on Fiverr.com but have not
had the result I've been looking for. It's not that they're bad designers but not
a lot of people can relate to the cue market.

The best designs I got from there I will add as attachments.

We operate in the custom cue and upper end of the production cue market.
I have no preferences to certain colours I would simply like the design to, well,
be good. It would be best I think if somehow a ball or cue was integrated into
the design. It will be used mainly in the header or our site so something along
the lines of 225x150 pixels is the size it will be mostly used in (hence no super
detailed stuff).

If a logo is designed that we will use for the website the designer will obviously
be compensated but by posting the design here (or as a PM to me) understand
that you are giving me the right to use the image as I see fit.

gr. Dave
Attached Images

Playing cue: Cuechanger cocobolo
Break + jump cue: Cuechanger
Case: Sterling wave 4x8
League: NPB Superleague + Top Pool League TPL1 + DBA Topleague
Hours play: 8-10 per week

www.doubledavecues.com
www.budgetstukadoor.nl

Last edited by Double-Dave; 06-16-2015 at 03:39 AM.

Old
  (#2)
JoeyA
Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
JoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1300

06-16-2015, 08:52 AM

I might suggest that you articulate exactly what you are hoping your logo will communicate in hopes that the designer can provide you with something closer to your expectations. "High-end cues" is a good start but they need a little more help in the description and expectation part.
Just my opinion.

JoeyA

"I would rather not deal with such questions, because it's like shearing a piglet—a lot of squealing and little wool."

Old
  (#3)
DeadStick
student of the game
DeadStick has a reputation beyond reputeDeadStick has a reputation beyond reputeDeadStick has a reputation beyond reputeDeadStick has a reputation beyond reputeDeadStick has a reputation beyond reputeDeadStick has a reputation beyond reputeDeadStick has a reputation beyond reputeDeadStick has a reputation beyond reputeDeadStick has a reputation beyond reputeDeadStick has a reputation beyond reputeDeadStick has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 800

06-16-2015, 09:02 AM

My humble suggestion: you'll get more action if you specify what the winner will receive, besides saying just that they will "obviously be compensated. "

I say this as someone who won an OB Cues logo design contest a while back, motivated by their giving away a $650 OB cue.

Also, you might give 99designs.com a try, as they tend to be a higher class of designers than you'll find on fiverr.

Brunswick Centennial 9-foot table with Mark Gregory rails, 4.5" pockets, and Simonis 860HR.
Jim Baxter 60" amboyna burl plain jane with Z2 shafts, OB break cue, Steve Lomax ebony with silver-rings jump cue.

Old
  (#4)
Drop The Rock
1652nd on AZ Money List
Drop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

06-16-2015, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadStick View Post
My humble suggestion: you'll get more action if you specify what the winner will receive, besides saying just that they will "obviously be compensated. "

I say this as someone who won an OB Cues logo design contest a while back, motivated by their giving away a $650 OB cue.

Also, you might give 99designs.com a try, as they tend to be a higher class of designers than you'll find on fiverr.
99designs is responsible for my company's logo. rigminder.com

Mathers

Proud Dad, Struggling Pool Player

Old
  (#5)
Mikey Town
AzB Silver Member
Mikey Town has a reputation beyond reputeMikey Town has a reputation beyond reputeMikey Town has a reputation beyond reputeMikey Town has a reputation beyond reputeMikey Town has a reputation beyond reputeMikey Town has a reputation beyond reputeMikey Town has a reputation beyond reputeMikey Town has a reputation beyond reputeMikey Town has a reputation beyond reputeMikey Town has a reputation beyond reputeMikey Town has a reputation beyond repute

06-16-2015, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop The Rock View Post
99designs is responsible for my company's logo. rigminder.com
Never heard of 99designs. Just went to your website and am very impressed... that is an awesome logo!

If I ever need a logo designed, that's where I'll be going.

Players
Ariel Carmeli - Davis Conversion
Al Romero SP
Breaker
Al Romero Jump/Break
Cases
JB Rugged
Custom Murnak Butterfly

www.mjf-photography.com

Old
  (#6)
Double-Dave
Developing cue-addict
Double-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond repute

06-16-2015, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyA View Post
I might suggest that you articulate exactly what you are hoping your logo will communicate in hopes that the designer can provide you with something closer to your expectations. "High-end cues" is a good start but they need a little more help in the description and expectation part.
Just my opinion.

JoeyA
Hi Joey,

Thanks for the input. The trouble is I am not a designer, not at all.
From what I see at 99designs I am looking for a pictorial mark mostly.

Something that if someone who plays serious pool sees the logo they
will know this is somehow pool/billiards related. Of the 3 logos designs
I got from fiverr I like the first one with the 2 cues and 3 balls the best.
Easy to read and understand.

gr. Dave

www.doubledavecues.com
www.budgetstukadoor.nl

Old
  (#7)
Drop The Rock
1652nd on AZ Money List
Drop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond repute

06-16-2015, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey Town View Post
Never heard of 99designs. Just went to your website and am very impressed... that is an awesome logo!

If I ever need a logo designed, that's where I'll be going.
Thanks! We are very happy with it!

Mathers

Proud Dad, Struggling Pool Player

Old
  (#8)
Double-Dave
Developing cue-addict

06-16-2015, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadStick View Post

Their prices start at 249€. That's quite a step up from Fiverr.com. I would have no problem
if the designer needs for example a break/jump cue to send him a decent one in the $100 range.

So I guess I am offering pool related products in the $100 range in exchange. Sorry if that's
out of line for a higher end design.

gr. Dave

www.doubledavecues.com
www.budgetstukadoor.nl

Old
  (#9)
Albatross Cues
AzB Silver Member
Albatross Cues has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatross Cues has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatross Cues has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatross Cues has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatross Cues has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatross Cues has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatross Cues has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatross Cues has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatross Cues has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatross Cues has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatross Cues has a reputation beyond repute

06-16-2015, 09:51 AM

Aloha

This is just a quick one off the top of my head, I don't really like computers too much, sorry about the kindergarten Art.

You may have to adjust the lines, maybe thicker, or even go with a white stripe around the"D"s. Just food for thought.

Aloha
Attached Images

Last edited by Albatross Cues; 06-16-2015 at 10:01 AM.

Old
  (#10)
denzilla171
AzB Silver Member
denzilla171 has a reputation beyond reputedenzilla171 has a reputation beyond reputedenzilla171 has a reputation beyond reputedenzilla171 has a reputation beyond reputedenzilla171 has a reputation beyond reputedenzilla171 has a reputation beyond reputedenzilla171 has a reputation beyond reputedenzilla171 has a reputation beyond reputedenzilla171 has a reputation beyond reputedenzilla171 has a reputation beyond reputedenzilla171 has a reputation beyond repute

06-16-2015, 10:02 AM

Well, I'm not going to volunteer a design, as that is my profession, but I will offer this advice: If you want to look high-end, you definitely should NOT try to integrate a ball or cue into the design.

YMMV

Logo design challenge
Old
  (#11)
DeadStick
student of the game
DeadStick has a reputation beyond reputeDeadStick has a reputation beyond reputeDeadStick has a reputation beyond reputeDeadStick has a reputation beyond reputeDeadStick has a reputation beyond reputeDeadStick has a reputation beyond reputeDeadStick has a reputation beyond reputeDeadStick has a reputation beyond reputeDeadStick has a reputation beyond reputeDeadStick has a reputation beyond reputeDeadStick has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 800

Logo design challenge - 06-16-2015, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denzilla171 View Post
Well, I'm not going to volunteer a design, as that is my profession, but I will offer this advice: If you want to look high-end, you definitely should NOT try to integrate a ball or cue into the design.

This ^^^^

The DDC logo you got from fiverr isn't that bad, actually.

Here was my winning design for OB, which they're reportedly using in the Chinese market:

Brunswick Centennial 9-foot table with Mark Gregory rails, 4.5" pockets, and Simonis 860HR.
Jim Baxter 60" amboyna burl plain jane with Z2 shafts, OB break cue, Steve Lomax ebony with silver-rings jump cue.

Last edited by DeadStick; 06-16-2015 at 10:12 AM.

Old
  (#12)
mojoatomic
AzB Silver Member
mojoatomic has a reputation beyond reputemojoatomic has a reputation beyond reputemojoatomic has a reputation beyond reputemojoatomic has a reputation beyond reputemojoatomic has a reputation beyond reputemojoatomic has a reputation beyond reputemojoatomic has a reputation beyond reputemojoatomic has a reputation beyond reputemojoatomic has a reputation beyond reputemojoatomic has a reputation beyond reputemojoatomic has a reputation beyond repute

06-16-2015, 10:22 AM

Quote:

YMMV

Agreed. I would also add that simple is better.

Old
  (#13)
ElCorazonFrio
Banned
ElCorazonFrio has a reputation beyond reputeElCorazonFrio has a reputation beyond reputeElCorazonFrio has a reputation beyond reputeElCorazonFrio has a reputation beyond reputeElCorazonFrio has a reputation beyond reputeElCorazonFrio has a reputation beyond reputeElCorazonFrio has a reputation beyond reputeElCorazonFrio has a reputation beyond reputeElCorazonFrio has a reputation beyond reputeElCorazonFrio has a reputation beyond reputeElCorazonFrio has a reputation beyond repute

06-16-2015, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Dave View Post
Hi guys,

For quite a few years now we've had the same basic design on our webshop
and it's time for a change. I've spent some money on Fiverr.com but have not
had the result I've been looking for. It's not that they're bad designers but not
a lot of people can relate to the cue market.

The best designs I got from there I will add as attachments.

We operate in the custom cue and upper end of the production cue market.
I have no preferences to certain colours I would simply like the design to, well,
be good. It would be best I think if somehow a ball or cue was integrated into
the design. It will be used mainly in the header or our site so something along
the lines of 225x150 pixels is the size it will be mostly used in (hence no super
detailed stuff).

If a logo is designed that we will use for the website the designer will obviously
be compensated but by posting the design here (or as a PM to me) understand
that you are giving me the right to use the image as I see fit.

gr. Dave
They are all way too busy

Old
  (#14)
Double-Dave
Developing cue-addict

06-16-2015, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albatross Cues View Post
Aloha

This is just a quick one off the top of my head, I don't really like computers too much, sorry about the kindergarten Art.

You may have to adjust the lines, maybe thicker, or even go with a white stripe around the"D"s. Just food for thought.

Aloha
Thank you for the design, I can't honestly say it is what I am looking for but I do appreciate the effort!

gr. Dave

www.doubledavecues.com
www.budgetstukadoor.nl

Old
  (#15)
Double-Dave
Developing cue-addict

06-16-2015, 01:11 PM

Quote:

YMMV
Hi,

I mentioned I would give the winner pool related products worth ~100$ so you're not volunteering.

As to not integrating a cue or ball, you are certainly entitled to your opinion but it is what I am looking for.
It could also be a pool table or some other piece of equipment but I do want the logo to show what
my company is about.

gr. Dave

www.doubledavecues.com
www.budgetstukadoor.nl

Page 1 of 4 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: