Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Looking at the IPT list of player's cues I noticed a couple things
Page 1 of 3 1 23

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Looking at the IPT list of player's cues I noticed a couple things
Old
  (#1)
alstl
AzB Silver Member
alstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Looking at the IPT list of player's cues I noticed a couple things - 11-14-2006, 11:58 AM

First of all, some of the high priced cues do not appear on the list. Are these cues valued more for the workmanship than the playability? There was a poll recently asking what people's favorite cues were, and some of the cues which got the most votes are nowhere to be found on the IPT list.

Secondly, I noticed a lot of predator and other laminated shafts on a variety of different butts. What is the advantage for example of playing with a predator shaft on a Schon like Papugayan does instead of a predator shaft on a predator butt?

This isn't intended as something to start an arguement, just something I noticed and was wondering about.

Al,
St Louis

Old
  (#2)
JoeyInCali
AzB Silver Member

JoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4400

11-14-2006, 12:00 PM

THe players get deals or get those shafts for free.

Old
  (#3)
JMW
Seen Your Member
JMW has a reputation beyond reputeJMW has a reputation beyond reputeJMW has a reputation beyond reputeJMW has a reputation beyond reputeJMW has a reputation beyond reputeJMW has a reputation beyond reputeJMW has a reputation beyond reputeJMW has a reputation beyond reputeJMW has a reputation beyond reputeJMW has a reputation beyond reputeJMW has a reputation beyond repute

11-14-2006, 12:23 PM

Where can I find the IPT player's cues list?

Thanks,
JW

Old
  (#4)
magnetardo
AzB Silver Member
magnetardo has a reputation beyond reputemagnetardo has a reputation beyond reputemagnetardo has a reputation beyond reputemagnetardo has a reputation beyond reputemagnetardo has a reputation beyond reputemagnetardo has a reputation beyond reputemagnetardo has a reputation beyond reputemagnetardo has a reputation beyond reputemagnetardo has a reputation beyond reputemagnetardo has a reputation beyond reputemagnetardo has a reputation beyond repute

11-14-2006, 12:33 PM

"What is the advantage for example of playing with a predator shaft on a Schon like Papugayan does instead of a predator shaft on a predator butt?"

Who is Papugayan? The advantage is you get the look of a Schon with the playing characteristics of a Predator. (if you like that sort of thing)

Old
  (#5)
Mystick Cue Fan
AzB Silver Member
Mystick Cue Fan has a reputation beyond reputeMystick Cue Fan has a reputation beyond reputeMystick Cue Fan has a reputation beyond reputeMystick Cue Fan has a reputation beyond reputeMystick Cue Fan has a reputation beyond reputeMystick Cue Fan has a reputation beyond reputeMystick Cue Fan has a reputation beyond reputeMystick Cue Fan has a reputation beyond reputeMystick Cue Fan has a reputation beyond reputeMystick Cue Fan has a reputation beyond reputeMystick Cue Fan has a reputation beyond repute

11-14-2006, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetardo
"What is the advantage for example of playing with a predator shaft on a Schon like Papugayan does instead of a predator shaft on a predator butt?"

Who is Papugayan? The advantage is you get the look of a Schon with the playing characteristics of a Predator. (if you like that sort of thing)

They play quite different too. I've hit balls with a predator and then with a schon with a pred shaft. And the hit is quite different. Maybe he just prefers the schon.

Tony

Old
  (#6)
suckershot
AzB Silver Member
suckershot has a reputation beyond reputesuckershot has a reputation beyond reputesuckershot has a reputation beyond reputesuckershot has a reputation beyond reputesuckershot has a reputation beyond reputesuckershot has a reputation beyond reputesuckershot has a reputation beyond reputesuckershot has a reputation beyond reputesuckershot has a reputation beyond reputesuckershot has a reputation beyond reputesuckershot has a reputation beyond repute

11-14-2006, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstl
First of all, some of the high priced cues do not appear on the list. Are these cues valued more for the workmanship than the playability? There was a poll recently asking what people's favorite cues were, and some of the cues which got the most votes are nowhere to be found on the IPT list.
There are probably more people on the forums that are financially equipped to own such high dollar cues than there are pro players. And not every big ticket cuemaker is dying to give away a cue they can charge 1-2k for. Predator will give away shafts because they are only $150-200, and you know they are more than making up the difference selling them to the rest of us.

Old
  (#7)
uwate
daydreaming about pool
uwate has a reputation beyond reputeuwate has a reputation beyond reputeuwate has a reputation beyond reputeuwate has a reputation beyond reputeuwate has a reputation beyond reputeuwate has a reputation beyond reputeuwate has a reputation beyond reputeuwate has a reputation beyond reputeuwate has a reputation beyond reputeuwate has a reputation beyond reputeuwate has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 62
  Send a message via MSN to uwate  
11-14-2006, 01:16 PM

Most pool players I know are too broke to be able to hang onto a Fancy Southwest, Searing, Szamboti, Balabushka etc.

Hell, alot of players I know can only afford to play with the good old Wall-A-Bushka.

Old
  (#8)
Cornerman
Cue Author...Sometimes
Cornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

11-14-2006, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Who is Papugayan?
I think he meant "Papayan."

Fred <~~~ hears the pills are good for indigestion

--------

Name: Freddie Agnir
Shooting Cue: 2017 Tascarella (w/blokid extension) or Schuler SC-250
Breaking Cue: BK Rush

Playing time: just a hair above zero
--------

"I don't care if you win, just cover the spread!"

- Annie Potts (Memaw from Young Sheldon)

Old
  (#9)
Varney Cues
Handcrafted quality!
Varney Cues has a reputation beyond reputeVarney Cues has a reputation beyond reputeVarney Cues has a reputation beyond reputeVarney Cues has a reputation beyond reputeVarney Cues has a reputation beyond reputeVarney Cues has a reputation beyond reputeVarney Cues has a reputation beyond reputeVarney Cues has a reputation beyond reputeVarney Cues has a reputation beyond reputeVarney Cues has a reputation beyond reputeVarney Cues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

11-14-2006, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerman

Fred <~~~ hears the pills are good for indigestion

Fred....oxycodone is not for indigestion.

Play with a VARNEY or get beat by one!
.45acp...when you care enough to send the very best!
Cash ain't heavy...carry some!
kvarney@carolina.rr.com

Old
  (#10)
CaptainHook
NOT Mike Sigel
CaptainHook has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainHook has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainHook has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainHook has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainHook has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainHook has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainHook has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainHook has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainHook has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainHook has a reputation beyond reputeCaptainHook has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

11-14-2006, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uwate
Most pool players I know are too broke to be able to hang onto a Fancy Southwest, Searing, Szamboti, Balabushka etc.

Hell, alot of players I know can only afford to play with the good old Wall-A-Bushka.
The only pro player I know that has a Balabushka is Tommy Kennedy. Once we switched cues for one game and he shot with my Palmer and wipped my ass with my own cue. LOL

I don't know if he still plays with it, He has not been to the Flamingo in years. Buddy Hall sold a Lucasi cue he got free to one of the guys at the Flamingo.

Favorite Game: One Pocket
Playing Cue: KC with Predator Vantage Shaft
Break/Jump Cue: J&J with Samsara Tip
Case: John Barton Rugged 2X5 with 3 pockets; http://www.jbcases.com/

NO, I am not Mike Sigel, he is skinny and has less hair, also I do not have any affiliation with GPPA .

Facebook; https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnm...00005109825871

My Cue Gallery: http://forums.azbilliards.com/album.php?albumid=1106

Old
  (#11)
JoeyA
Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
JoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1300

11-14-2006, 02:53 PM

Quote:

I think Papugayan is a player whose actual name is "Papa" Serge Guayan.
JoeyA

Old
  (#12)
alstl
AzB Silver Member
alstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond repute

11-14-2006, 03:20 PM

Quote:

He is Alex Pagulayan's cousin. While I was looking up the correct spelling, I noticed that from P to S on the list, you have:

Pagulayan, Schon/Predator 314
Parica, Judd/Tiger X
Peach, Viking/Predator 314
Putnam, Josey/Tiger X
Robles, Predator/Predator 314
Sakai, Gina/Predator 314
Saleh, Dale Perry/Predator Z
San Souci, SouthWest/Predator 314
Souquet, Joss/Predator 314

I'm not bored enough to go through the whole list but it's interesting to me that so many players want a hybrid mix of butt/shaft.

Now I'm going back downstairs to hit some balls.

See Ya,
Al

Old
  (#13)
inthezone
AzB Silver Member
inthezone is a jewel in the roughinthezone is a jewel in the roughinthezone is a jewel in the rough

11-14-2006, 03:43 PM

Al....
Did ya go downstairs yet?
Where can we find that list?

Old
  (#14)
alstl
AzB Silver Member

11-14-2006, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthezone
Al....
Did ya go downstairs yet?
Where can we find that list?
I'm back, I ran 3 balls which broke my all time record. Go to the last page in the thread.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showth...hlight=cernero

You can thank forum members for it, proof of what this site is capable of.

Old
  (#15)
magnetardo
AzB Silver Member
magnetardo has a reputation beyond reputemagnetardo has a reputation beyond reputemagnetardo has a reputation beyond reputemagnetardo has a reputation beyond reputemagnetardo has a reputation beyond reputemagnetardo has a reputation beyond reputemagnetardo has a reputation beyond reputemagnetardo has a reputation beyond reputemagnetardo has a reputation beyond reputemagnetardo has a reputation beyond reputemagnetardo has a reputation beyond repute

11-14-2006, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystick Cue Fan
They play quite different too. I've hit balls with a predator and then with a schon with a pred shaft. And the hit is quite different. Maybe he just prefers the schon.

Tony

Do you really think if you were blindfolded you'd be able tell if you were hitting a Predator or a Predator shafted Schon?

Page 1 of 3 1 23

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: