Loose part on vintage Adam?

34YearsOfPlayin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the plastic piece sorrounding the pin on the butt (the joint) is loose and can be pulled off (I can post a picture if you like just ask ok). I could probably play with the cue this way but would like to fix it. How can I fix it?

Thank you!!

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the plastic piece sorrounding the pin on the butt (the joint) is loose and can be pulled off (I can post a picture if you like just ask ok). I could probably play with the cue this way but would like to fix it. How can I fix it?

Thank you!!

Good morning
Repairing it yourself would depend on whether you have a lathe or not, are you able to face the joint if you re-epoxy it?
How loose of a fit does the existing joint have?
Are there glue rings on the tenin now and on the inside of the joint?
Do you have the proper epoxy if the fit is close eneogh to save the existing joint?

34YearsOfPlayin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good morning
Repairing it yourself would depend on whether you have a lathe or not, are you able to face the joint if you re-epoxy it?
How loose of a fit does the existing joint have?
Are there glue rings on the tenin now and on the inside of the joint?
Do you have the proper epoxy if the fit is close eneogh to save the existing joint?

I am not a cuemaker and do not have a lathe. I don't know what the term face means (I assume it means glue?) but I feel it looks snug enough to re-epoxy (or glue?)

What kind epoxy do I use?

It is pretty snug can stay on by itself.

Yes there is still old glue on the tenin. I have not looked on the plastic joint but I believe it will be snug enough to just glue on if possible.

I don't know what kind of epoxy to use. No I don't have any epoxy nor do I know what kind to use.

Thank you for your expertise in this!!!!

Edit: Looked the joint of cue where the plastic casing comes off. the inside of it does not have any dry glue or epoxy. the wood part (tenin?) underneath the plastic piece had a small amount of what looked like dry glue. Looks like it can just be glued on.

Last edited:

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am not a cuemaker and do not have a lathe. I don't know what the term face means (I assume it means glue?) but I feel it looks snug enough to re-epoxy (or glue?)

What kind epoxy do I use?

It is pretty snug can stay on by itself.

Yes there is still old glue on the tenin. I have not looked on the plastic joint but I believe it will be snug enough to just glue on if possible.

I don't know what kind of epoxy to use. No I don't have any epoxy nor do I know what kind to use.

Thank you for your expertise in this!!!!

Edit: Looked the joint of cue where the plastic casing comes off. the inside of it does not have any dry glue or epoxy. the wood part (tenin?) underneath the plastic piece had a small amount of what looked like dry glue. Looks like it can just be glued on.

IMG_20200325_081830_resized.jpg

There is more to this than what your thinking. You do not have the proper tools to repair this.
Did you ever hear the saying.
Pay someone now or pay someone more later?
But seeing you think it will be ok. Just pick up some 5 minute epoxy, mix it equally and put it on. I hope it lines up for you and lines up with the shaft also.
Instead of;

Cleaning the face at the bottom of the joint and where it seats on the butt. Clean the old glue off and add some glue rings to the tenin. Then put a piece of tape on each piece, put the joint back on dry, screw the shaft on, make sure the joint lines up. Put a pen mark on the joint and butt so it's your go to point then epoxy it. Then.... When it's dry, spin the cue between centers and clean the face with a light cut.
Good luck.

Last edited:

34YearsOfPlayin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
View attachment 544531

There is more to this than what your thinking. You do not have the proper tools to repair this.
Did you ever hear the saying.
Pay someone now or pay someone more later?
But seeing you think it will be ok. Just pick up some 5 minute epoxy, mix it equally and put it on. I hope it lines up for you and lines up with the shaft also.
Instead of;

Cleaning the face at the bottom of the joint and where it seats on the butt. Clean the old glue off and add some glue rings to the tenin. Then put a piece of tape on each piece, put the joint back on dry, screw the shaft on, make sure the joint lines up. Put a pen mark on the joint and butt so it's your go to point then epoxy it. Then.... When it's dry, spin the cue between centers and clean the face with a light cut.
Good luck.

OK thank you!!! I was not trying to be rude. Just don't know a whole lot about cue repair. And I was hoping I would not have to pay to get it done. Will send it to a professional to be done.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK thank you!!! I was not trying to be rude. Just don't know a whole lot about cue repair. And I was hoping I would not have to pay to get it done. Will send it to a professional to be done.

It's all good. I didn't think you were being rude. I use pictures to help explain when I can.