Diamond Slate

JohnnyFlash

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought a 7 foot used Diamond that was practically brand new last year. I could not pass up the price, location, and so forth. The only bad thing was, that his table was down in his basement which meant he had a 3 piece slate on it. I really wanted a 1 piece, but again, for the price and accessories, I couldnt pass it up. So now I have a 3 piece slate on a 7 foot table and I was wondering if you can trade it in? Or am I just stuck with a 3 piece?

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I bought a 7 foot used Diamond that was practically brand new last year. I could not pass up the price, location, and so forth. The only bad thing was, that his table was down in his basement which meant he had a 3 piece slate on it. I really wanted a 1 piece, but again, for the price and accessories, I couldnt pass it up. So now I have a 3 piece slate on a 7 foot table and I was wondering if you can trade it in? Or am I just stuck with a 3 piece?

They might take the slate back. If not, I am sure they will sell you a one piece.
Call Diamond and ask. OR
Hire a Diamond tech to install it and you would never know the difference.

Trent from Toledo

mvp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a one pc and moved needing a 3pc and diamond was willing to trade and charge like 400$ if I remember correctly. Call diamond as this isn’t as unusual as you might think

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Whats wrong with 3 piece slates?

Nothing wrong with his Blue Label Diamond Pro am or the slates. I spoke to him today. Non-Diamond installer has been back to his place 3 times and still not right. They are a pain, but, the seam should not be noticeable. Table is rollin off at one of the seams. never used liquid dowels on the slates until the 3rd time around, did not get the slates lined up so the seams are not even, they used wax instead of bondo and tried to "float" the un-even seam with the wax. It will be a pain in the ass to fix, but, every day aint puppies and kitties!!!

Trent from Toledo