Predator extension

Dchouinard

Registered
I was wondering if anyone has experience with off brand extensions made for predator cues. I was talking to my buddy yesterday about this and the predator extensions are pricey. I currently own the 3” predator extensions but I would like to get a bigger one for those really long shots. I found on eBay a bunch of different ones starting at like 17 bucks. They are made in China. Has anyone used these or something similar and do they work?

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I have a 15" carbon fiber one for my predator. The butt screw is different than the predator one so you couldn't use the off brand & your predator 3" in the same session unless you wanted to switch the bumper everytime.

If you go to the sales page here and look up my cue for sale predator Maestro you can see the extension in a couple of pics.

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
They do work, but generally not together. That is, you can take the import version, unscrew the OEM bumper plug, and replace with the other one. But (in most cases) the joint is not the same so you can’t use the OEM one interchangeably. You’ll need to ensure you have matching pins for each extension.

-td

Dchouinard

Registered
Ahhh, thanks for the explanation, well then I’m not sure if I find a combo set with a small extension and a long one together for like 50 bucks if that is a better idea or just spend the 90 dollars on the predator one, I don’t want to change the bumper each time

CharlesUFarley

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I play full-time with the Molinari 8 inch extension in my Predator. I have gone through a couple of them as they tend to crack near the pin. I have also had the butt adapter strip out multiple times. The extension is around $80 and the threaded adapters are about $28 each. Not exactly low budget. I carry an extra adapter all the time because they seem to be made of pot metal and the threads are not very sturdy. The set-up I have on there currently has held up for about 7 or 8 months now. It gets taken off and put back on often as I run into obstructions due to the 66" length of the cue and I also sometimes remove it when I get frozen to a rail.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Take up 3D printing as a hobby and print them.

AxZp2Ue.jpg

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
I only can recommend looking at the feedback on eBay itself and see if their is anything said about the product in their negative neutral or positive.