Weight distribution

skipbales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As far as standing correctly, I have found that once you find it, you know it's right because you feel in balance. It may feel a little strange at first, but that's true when you try anything new. To me, a good stance is one that compliments the human anatomy and doesn't fight with it, like how leaning too far forward can cause rotator cuff issues, for example.

I have never felt "correct" in my stance. I don't have the clearance I want and occasionally bump my hip on the back stroke or chest on the forward stroke. I don'
t bump the chest with my fist as a finish as Scott Lee taught me, I hit it earlier with my forearm and it can affect my shot. I also have always felt too much weight on my bridge hand.

I will work on making the step in one smooth motion. For now it is a two step process.

SmoothStroke

Swim for the win.
Silver Member
:welcome::welcome::welcome:
In Bold above. After you have aligned your body with the shot line and are ready to get down into the shooting position, while standing just take a normal (and this is personal) step forward with your left leg. This is called your personal Gait and will put your body into a balanced position when bending over.
If you want to learn more about the human gait visit youtube. Lot of good info out there.

John :)
Thanks Mike:)

👌

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:welcome::welcome::welcome:

��

Well thank you SS. Good to hear from you. Hope the fishing season went well. Even if it didn't, just sitting there on the rocks and looking out onto the ocean made all of that go away. It's good for the head. :)

John

Last edited: